Helicopter Ditched In North Sea

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard on the news a chopper has went down. Know there are a few offshore workers on here so hope everyone is ok. My dad was just on the phone there to let us know he wasnt on it

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/north_east/7977095.stm

True i am afraid Dan,

Another chopper from Bond which is worrying currently picking up bits and bobs on the radios but hope you understand that a lot of it is fairly hard to listen to and not for general circulation.

I agree totally with your comments and hope all of the Offshore guys on SIDC are safe and well and glad your old man in particular is safe.

Maxxed Ross drop me a PM or post on here to let me know you are safe and well dude! Not sure if you are offshore or home ragging about in the RB mate.

Regards

ScottyB

watching the news and sound's like its been a tecnical issue and its not went down soft. I can't see the news getting any better.

My thoughts go out to the families involved as I know what its like sitting waiting to hear any news.

I'm safe thankfully

I've been listening into the rescue chat for most of the day from the control room here on the Nelson, and it sounds as though it's ging to be yet another total loss of life as it has been described as "falling from the sky" by one of the boats that saw it crash.

It's all gone a bit quiet now, but 10 bodys have been found so far and another 6 are missing

The worst part is that the chopper was returing from the BP Miller platform... a platform I was very recently working on and was actually offered a job on just after I had agreed to come and work for Shell.

I've got everything crossed that I dodn't know any of them, but if my calculations are right then this flight will have at least some of the crew I worked with on it - and one of them could have potentially been me

There was no mayday message from the chopper, so it certainly seems that something very vital failed in a big way

Another Puma went down a few years ago because a rotor blade sheared off

It's all gone very quiet now so we'll just need to a wait and find out when they are ready to tell us I suppose

Edited by Maxxed_Ross
There was no mayday message from the chopper, so it certainly seems that something very vital failed in a big way

Another Puma went down a few years ago because a rotor blade sheared off

It's all gone very quiet now so we'll just need to a wait and find out when they are ready to tell us I suppose

according the the news at supper time there was a mayday, then silence