Dreghorn In Fuel Price Shocker

Stopped off at Dreghorn to fill up prior to visiting Andy and was shocked that the V-Power was 94p a litre, Arkleston in Paisley was 97p last night when i put £20 in it.

Beautiful day for a trip down the A1 with Andy on the laptop rewriting the Map

Spent the last week or so fitting and rejigging some items prior to todays mapping session.

Fitted a Fuel-labs Fuel Pressure Regulator, supplied by Lateral Performance, to replace the std one that was fighting a losing battle against the Bosch 044 in the boot

18032009128.jpg

Also fitted Andyjdmsti's old RCMS Filter, after some minor trimming and modding, to get rid of the foam mushroom filter that was in there

18032009129.jpg

Fitting this size of filter required a drastic relocation of the W/S Washer bottle from its initial positon of behind the O/S Headlight to its new position of behind the drivers seat

18032009136.jpg

Sourced a PLX Wideband sensor and guage from Ebay, humble gratitude to Jimser and thanks to C&C the sensor was fitted in place. Control unit and Sensor brain was mounted, thanks to having no heating system on the baulkhead and remote control for the wideband is mounted in the now defunct airvent

18032009132.jpg

18032009133.jpg

Thanks to my old man for the Gauge mount, he worked on the QE2 you know

18032009130.jpg

Boot was rejigged to allow me to carry such useless items as a jack and spare.

18032009134.jpg

Relocated number plate from front bumper to bonnet and fitted a Pink I badge, extra 100hp, that i found under the spare wheel of the Blue car

18032009137.jpg

18032009127.jpg

Mapping went well and, i know it is said a million times before, the car feels so different. Pootling about is the major difference where previously i had to use plenty revs to get going or keep moving now it feels so muted and docile. Also no more stalling at junctions when the temp was not 100% and for that i am over the moon

At the other end of the scale, settled for 1.3bar in the end to help prolong the life of the gearbox and well happy with the way she goes. Previous figures were 350bhp at 1.1bar so feck knows what it is now at 1.3bar and with a good MAP on her. Even at 0.9bar during the mapping process she was faster and stronger than before by a long shot, spool wise is not too shabby with boost hitting target by 3300rpm in Fifth

Sorry Playsatan i never opted for any ALS or Traction malarky but i did get an alternative map for 95 ron, so Skye here we come

Thanks to Andy for spending time on her today getting her spot on and for the chasing up of the code needed to release.

Happy is not even close

Future plans include heatshielding for the Induction cone and a feed from the front bumper and some under bonnet thermal management. Longer term will include the letters PPG and really unleash the turbo good and proper

What did Mr F reckon to the turbo then, can more be had from it, does it have a restrictor, and will you soon have a monthly slot with him.

Turbo is in the happy zone, has much more to give but gearbox will cry foul before the turbo does.

Not a restrictor but Andy did check it out prior to mapping just to make sure it was not going to be an issue

Grant - Get the als next time mate and then practice lighting your fag's off it.

Oh and secure that spare with more than a bungee. If that get loose and clouts you fuel system, well, I'm sure you can imagine. Same goes for anything in that boot as I'm sure you're aware.

Grant - Get the als next time mate and then practice lighting your fag's off it.

Oh and secure that spare with more than a bungee. If that get loose and clouts you fuel system, well, I'm sure you can imagine. Same goes for anything in that boot as I'm sure you're aware.

Andy told me that the ALS feature required notice as the code needs to be written onto the board.

Spare wheel has a Squiggle modified U clamp holding it from the base of the wheel to the welded bar that goes across the spare wheel well, bungee is just to keep it sitting nice and centre.

Boot is off limits till i can rearrange the fuel pump/swirl pot arrangment into something more enclosed and safer.

Kiera, Place in Partick on Dumbarton Rd near the cop shop that does them, think it was about £15

Nice one and looking good!

Stopped off at Dreghorn to fill up prior to visiting Andy and was shocked that the V-Power was 94p a litre, Arkleston in Paisley was 97p last night when i put £20 in it.

95p a litre in Elderslie last night.

Andy told me that the ALS feature required notice as the code needs to be written onto the board.

Spare wheel has a Squiggle modified U clamp holding it from the base of the wheel to the welded bar that goes across the spare wheel well, bungee is just to keep it sitting nice and centre.

Boot is off limits till i can rearrange the fuel pump/swirl pot arrangment into something more enclosed and safer.

Kiera, Place in Partick on Dumbarton Rd near the cop shop that does them, think it was about £15

dunno how the "F" i missed this thread, glad she`s going well now grant :wub:

why dont you just ditch the spare and carry a couple cans of tyre weld or something?