Strut Brace On At Last!

Guest CRAIG D
Just dont go off a mototway slip road backwards like i did. It was the strut brace that caused my whole chasiss to twist when I hit the kurb on the way off! silly boy - High performance car-low performance driver!! :(

:D:D:boldblue:

Just dont go off a mototway slip road backwards like i did. It was the strut brace that caused my whole chasiss to twist when I hit the kurb on the way off! - silly boy - High performance car-low performance driver!! :(

Was it due to the fact that you had the strut brace fitted? Cause if that's the case mine is coming right off just now, rain or no rain :D

na, no one hurt -just my pride as you say. Took corner comin off M876 at larbert and hit the feckin bumps on cross over on a real slippy road which caused it to swap ends before I could react!

Was repairable but cost was going to be the same as value. They never put it on a jig machine though and I know the whole chassis was twisted due to the dent on the drivers side when I had not hit anything!

Just glad I never done myself in. Police said I am the first one that never ended up in the field. Had been 8 crashes there in 7 months according to them, but falkirk council wont put the sticky tarmac down till someone is killed according to him!

Was it due to the fact that you had the strut brace fitted? Cause if that's the case mine is coming right off just now, rain or no rain :(

Problem with the braces is that if you hit a kurb for example it goes through the whole brace and will do both in. In my case it twisted the chassis and fecked the car big time!

na, no one hurt -just my pride as you say. Took corner comin off M876 at larbert and hit the feckin bumps on cross over on a real slippy road which caused it to swap ends before I could react!

Was repairable but cost was going to be the same as value. They never put it on a jig machine though and I know the whole chassis was twisted due to the dent on the drivers side when I had not hit anything!

Just glad I never done myself in. Police said I am the first one that never ended up in the field. Had been 8 crashes there in 7 months according to them, but falkirk council wont put the sticky tarmac down till someone is killed according to him!

hi m8 ,how do you recon that your strut brace twister the chassis ,go no tell us bud .or are you just having a laugh

cheers geo

hi m8 ,how do you recon that your strut brace twister the chassis ,go no tell us bud .or are you just having a laugh

cheers geo

Cos the impact on the wheels when up through the brace and twisted the whole car. My mechanic came out to see car in yard and confirmed that it was twisted and that it was due to it going through the brace.

Simple physics mate

Cos the impact on the wheels when up through the brace and twisted the whole car. My mechanic came out to see car in yard and confirmed that it was twisted and that it was due to it going through the brace.

Simple physics mate

The strut brace did not help in your case but its not the brace's fault that the car left the road :(

Rich

Simple physics mate

What did the strut brace look like it would of been bent and twisted aswell with the car being twisted or did you have a h beam for a strut brace

Simple physics mate

the strut brace is there to help put strength between the strut tops under normal cornering conditions its the 3 sides of a box syndrome

3 sides = flex add top fixture to give strength thats what a strut brace does

the brace is not that strong that it would kink your chassis ie top munts or inner wings

geo

you sure it wasnt the credit crunch that twisted your chassis ? it gets the blame for everything else? :thumbup:

It was a year and a half ago that happened mate. Credit crunch never done it although I was made redundant three weeks ago! Double doh!

Cusco - agree to disagree mate!!! Explain the huge dent in my drivers wing that never hit anythin then! That was the strut twisting out of place and hence the whole car. Exactly what happened to my mates RS turbo 15 years ago.

It was a year and a half ago that happened mate. Credit crunch never done it although I was made redundant three weeks ago! Double doh!

Cusco - agree to disagree mate!!! Explain the huge dent in my drivers wing that never hit anythin then! That was the strut twisting out of place and hence the whole car. Exactly what happened to my mates RS turbo 15 years ago.

dont want to argue with you m8 but i have 37 years experience in the motor trade .i lectured in vehicle construction/accident investigation for 20 years at tulliallan police college , wrote a book while there on the effects of impact on motor cars when

collisions take place . i have attended seminars with ford ,rover, vauxhall on vehicle deformation

when i retired from spc i worked with a accident inv firm called incinalisis .my roll was do a full examination of the car to determin what was the cause of the accident , working out deformation of bodyshells ,we could work out vehicle speeds at time of collision

i was lucky enough to be invited to the seminars in austria ,twice held in lintz at the workshops of the firm that does more accident invesigation than even our own TRRL ,they wrote the computer programs ,and hold the patent to PC Crash computer system that brittish police now use .mercedes, porsche ford and many other car companys take info from them

i dont want to get into a slagging match with you ,but a strut brace is not strong enough to cause that damage to your bodyshell , the brace would deform before it would feed those kind of loads into the strut area , there must have another reason for the problem

cheers geo