V Power Or Tesco 99

My tuppence worth - RIP Tesco 99.

A couple of months ago I realised the new Tesco store at Keith had the 99 stuff, and much cheaper to boot than V-Power. I switched and almost immediately noticed the car was occasionally spluttering and had noticeable flat spots. Thought it may just need time for a few tank loads to go through the pipes, so did that and even threw in a bottle of Millers - no difference at all. Got fed up with it and recently switched back V-Power and by the second tank all was well and back to smooth running. FYI I've a bugeye WRX with add-ons and AndyF remap. Obviously may just be me or my car but can't see me going back to Tesco 99 unless the V-Power pumps are dry.

it's just like my old boss when he bought a FERRARI F355 and was told don't run it on v power as it doesn't like it, well one day he never had a choice had to put it in and right enough he said it ran like a bag of nails and had to get the tank drained Think it all depends on the individual car no two car is the same

it's just like my old boss when he bought a FERRARI F355 and was told don't run it on v power as it doesn't like it, well one day he never had a choice had to put it in and right enough he said it ran like a bag of nails and had to get the tank drained Think it all depends on the individual car no two car is the same

That makes absolutely no sense at all.

Edited by P1_Paul

Ah, but there's more to a fuel than its mere(kat?) octane rating... :boldblue:

I guess it's possible that there are a few other additives in there, one of which a particular engine might not agree with.

I'm no petrochemical expert, so I can offer hee-haw science to reinforce this theory, but it sounds halfway plausible to me.

But isn't V-Power the fuel of Ferrari!

Thats what it says in all the crap they send me through the post anyway. Persoanally i always use V-Power in the WRX so i have no idea what tesco's stuff is like but i know some guys who wouldn't put it in a lada nevermind a decent motor. At the end of the day it comes down to what works best for you (or your car).

:boldblue:

But isn't V-Power the fuel of Ferrari!

Thats what it says in all the crap they send me through the post anyway. Persoanally i always use V-Power in the WRX so i have no idea what tesco's stuff is like but i know some guys who wouldn't put it in a lada nevermind a decent motor. At the end of the day it comes down to what works best for you (or your car).

:boldblue:

LOL thats what i said to him