Advice On Tyres

Hi All

I am currently running on Eagle F1 tyres but two of them are completely shot, so I need a set of four new ones. HOWEVER, I am not willing to shell out over £400 for same, so I have decided to buy cheaper tyres. So I'm looking for suggestions for good compromise tyres. I had a set of Khumos before and they were fine, but I can't remember what types.

Suggest away!

Thanks

Just put Kumho Ecsta on the rear of my old dears BMW mate, seem pretty good now that they're scrubbed in and at 60quid a corner for wide 19" they are pretty good value IMO. Sister has Federal SS595 on her EP3 Civic Type R and they have been really impressive too, IIRC it was about 50quid a corner for 17" on that.

Whatever you change to, be careful til you get used to them because they wont be as good as the F1 that are coming off. :D

Cheers,

Grant

Just put Kumho Ecsta on the rear of my old dears BMW mate, seem pretty good now that they're scrubbed in and at 60quid a corner for wide 19" they are pretty good value IMO. Sister has Federal SS595 on her EP3 Civic Type R and they have been really impressive too, IIRC it was about 50quid a corner for 17" on that.

Cheers,

Grant

:D Just put Kumho Ecsta or whatever you call them on the RA and they seem REALLY good. Got 225/40/18s for £50 a corner delivered :lol: from a company in Morecambe.

Its the same place as Paul555Sti got his Revolution wheels

:D Just put Kumho Ecsta or whatever you call them on the RA and they seem REALLY good. Got 225/40/18s for £50 a corner delivered :lol: from a company in Morecambe.

Its the same place as Paul555Sti got his Revolution wheels

Cool, I'll put those on the list, thanks for the fast replies!

J

4x falken fk452 225/40/18 delivered to the house from camskill for £254 spot on tyrews im loving them on the sti the now just starting to get a few miles on them and great grip

Stainless creations fitted them for me for £30 and all balanced up grieg

I'm trying Falkens on the Type R just now, no complaints. Try Prestige Tyres in Busby, close and alway find them reasonably priced. Also get my F1's from there aswell think I was around the £100 mark last time.

I'm just waiting on a set of Federal 595's to be shipped from OZ (should be here Sat!!!! Wooho!). By all accounts, the tyre of choice out there for the Imprezas and even the drift cars. Only reason I mention it is that they've been spotted on ebay (brand new) by my wife at under £50 a corner!

Also just stuck the Falkens on and while there is a bit more road noise they seem excellent now they are scrubbed in.

Very nearly got some much sticker rubber from Fai but in the end couldn't justify the cost over brand new boots.

The only issue with ordering from Camskill (i'm another customer) is findign someone to fit the rubber to rims for a reasonable fee.

5t.

cant say ive heard much of these before TBH

Yeah, I hadn't either! They mostly seem to be for the tail-happy lads and lasses out in Japan. My brother-in-law suggested them after he had a legacy hire car when they moved out to OZ and for the price (incl shipping) they're definitely worth a try! May save the hassle of shipping and get them off ebay if they're as good as all the reviews are saying. Apparently a little noisier than some others but I can't say I can see that being a problem when my foot's planted!!!

Yeah, I hadn't either! They mostly seem to be for the tail-happy lads and lasses out in Japan. My brother-in-law suggested them after he had a legacy hire car when they moved out to OZ and for the price (incl shipping) they're definitely worth a try! May save the hassle of shipping and get them off ebay if they're as good as all the reviews are saying. Apparently a little noisier than some others but I can't say I can see that being a problem when my foot's planted!!!

No need to pay over the odds for ebay shipping. £48 a corner from Camskill

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m4b0s15p7693

5t.