I'm Baaaaaack :)

She's been running since December last year Peter.............................................. ;) I'm just too busy making money to play.

So your saying that all the time your block was with Chy and your car was off the road wasn't to do with engine/head issues? Just on the hunt for more power...................... addictive isn't it.

Edited by WUZ
  • Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're always off shore making money ;)

My heads had more cracks than the moon so had to get a new/used phase avcs heads built up by Chy with new oversized valves.

Hunting for more power is truely addictive as you know.

What spec are you on now for reference?

yup its looking like i will be keeping it now (thank f**k), only reason i was selling it was due to getting paid off three monthds ago, but im back offshore just now and things look to be picking up again :)

GREAT NEWS Dunk!!! - glad to hear you can keep the engine..................................... you were costing me a fortune ;)

yup its looking like i will be keeping it now (thank f**k), only reason i was selling it was due to getting paid off three monthds ago, but im back offshore just now and things look to be picking up again :)

Good to hear you manged to get some more work Dunc.

Im skint also but only due to finally buying a house.

Sorry to hear about the engine Adam just an excuse to uprate it no point on doing any half measures is there ;)

• 2 months later...

new engine is in.... and just about ready to run.

Rolled the rear arches too... not the neatest of jobs so will need to paint the insides of them.

Old engine ready to be karted home and stripped/maybe rebuilt ;)

eng3.jpg

eng4.jpg

Will have the old IHI VF24 turbo and one of my spare sumps up for sale soon too B)

Hopefully mapped by the end of the week - just about 340bhp for now as still on standard 440's. Fee's new engine swallows all my funds for toys for this :/

initial mapping... 306bhp (dunno torque yet). 440cc injectors are max'd. 0.8bar of boost on 20G, full boost by 4200'ish rpm. Nice and revy engine.... but a bit funny sounding (piston slap)

Hmmm... might need to find some bigger injectors before snetterton B) and brakes, and better susp....

IIRC you have proper forged ones?, does it only do it when the engines cold? if so Probably piston slap and nothing to worry about

550CC injectors will flow 400 horses but not much more if your planning on running methanol or E85, probably better with a set of 740`s or something

new engine in.... its a bit slappy when running... but if it holds together i can cope :D

didnt get a chance to re-paint the inlet... so doest look very different to the old engine :thumbup: bigger turbo.

P9250017.jpg

P9250016.jpg

Old engine.... going to strip it down at home for a look. Aone kow the size and shape of standard EJ20 head bolts?

oldengine1.jpg

starting the stripping...

oldengine2.jpg

oldengine3.jpg

oldengine4.jpg

oldengine5.jpg

oldengine6.jpg

oldengine7.jpg

oldengine12.jpg

Whats left of the big end bearing on No2. Think the whole bearing has disintegrated!

oldengine8.jpg

oldengine9.jpg

oldengine10.jpg

oldengine11.jpg

oldengine13.jpg

oldengine14.jpg