I'm Baaaaaack :)

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Update..

New engine in..... then out again to investigate a strange top end rattle. Turbo off to TD again as its making funny noises.....

Dry Sump arrived - will fit when engine issue is resolved

GRP doors on, P4P windows fitted

1040498_618963511455221_1002853416_o.jpg

oh, also had the car weighed with the doors and glass changed over. Not as big a saving but I did have just under half a tank of fuel in. So about 20kg

Total - 1136kg

FL -346kg

FR - 340kg

RL - 214kg

RR - 236kg

So about 40kg saved I'd thunk as the fuel levels arent the same from last time

Bring on the corner Gs!!

1004075_10201404676219538_1523090114_n.jpg

ZEN dry sump system

216342_10201538576406959_1419443118_n.jpg

some new whiteline bits here too... more castor, better front drop links.....

also some carbon wing mirrors to save a few more kg :D

another week another story....

I think the newage starter motor has arrived to suit the dry sump tank... so one less thing to hold it up.

Heads getting rebuilt at Lateral again... different valves/caps/seats/springs to change out the newage stuff that was installed by whoever built them 2 build ago. Wasnt RCM, but was one of their recommendations. Will retain the old valve gear for Fee's AVCS heads.

The difference - the Newage valves are shorter, so I have been running mega sized shims in my STi3 heads, causing wearing on the retainers. This is thought to be the source of the top end rattle that ended my last trackday early.

Turbo sent back from Turbo Dynamics, repaired and improved under warranty (thanks to Lateral). The WG mechanisim was sticking... again. It has been replaced by the new inconel mechanism now.

ECU has been returned... now upgraded to Alkatek. Need to really read up on its features, but I think its basically a GEMs ecu now.

Edited by TrackScotland