I'm Baaaaaack :)

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve you could maybe go this route in the future.

http://bbs.scoobynet.com/general-technical...plitscreen.html

(sorry for the thread hijack Fee. ) :D

Aye, sorry for the hijack Fee :P

Looks like they've spent an affy lot on that VW, looks very nice and an early one at that too.

You can tell by the smaller rear (hatch) door :D

Just dont see the point on going to a turbo, water cooled engine on one though.

Lots of things to go wrong there on top of having the scooby knock too :P

Thats the car sounding better and possibly feeling a bit perkier too :D

Of the possible 6 studs/nuts for the manifold only 1 was tight! Replaced the missing stud and nipped up the rest. No blowing felt and a much less ticky sound. Also patched the hole in the down pipe and redid the gasket with some gasket paste at down pipe to centre section as you could see soot on the underside of the car. Not overly fussed on quality of those repairs as it'll as be getting replaced!

ex1.JPG

ex2.JPG

ex3.JPG

ex4.JPG

EVO coolent pipe of and silicon one on. Not the best fit, but much better than the Evo one that was just hanging on.

Really handy having the ramp to sort things out :P

Ptfff.... I wish :P

I've finally re-registered after my user accout vanished when the forum changed many moons ago. No more getting confused who's who.

This is my car, Fee is now resposible for its bigger and meaner stable mate!

eve_exp22.jpg

hehehe.

She is currently getting stressed about it not being finished for round1!

• 3 weeks later...

Fee/Adam,

I see you have removed the rear wiper going by your items for sale...

1. Was that the mechanism aswell yes?

2. Save much weight doing this?

3. Did you get some kind of blanking plug to fit in the hole in the window?

4. Any leakage?

5. How much weight do you think you have saved by removing everything from the rear of the car?

I'm full of questions but I'm interested in weight reduction as that may be my next array of modifications.

Cheers

Rich

• 3 months later...

Sorry for the slow reply :/

The rear wiper was removed, as was the motor and its bits of nearby loom. Id does weigh a fair bit, maybe 2kg off the top of my head. The hole left by the wiper is plugged with a rubber bung. We have heaps lying around, but i'm sure one from the boot floor fits! Hole is also handy to drain water from leaky lights if its outside in rain. Rough guess around 40mm diameter.

Weight Saving - I havent had time to weigh and log all the stuff thats been removed, but its a fair bit! Sound deadning alone is prob about 15kg, rear seats dont weigh much but as always it all adds up! Still need to relocate the battery, remove the aircon rad etc. Lots to still come out! Trimming the loom is my fav part! :rotfl: Oh... airbag steering wheel weighs a ton, and the wee ECU for it behind the centre consol get GTF too!

Update on the car....

More weight saving, and tinkering. All the trim is out, roof lining etc. Boost gauge and DCCD re-located for now.

imp1.JPG

imp2.JPG

imp3.JPG

imp4.JPG

imp5.JPG

popped its track cherry.

Serviced it before hand, some nice 10w60 oil.... bled the brakes and fitted a materclylinder stopper.

Managed to do some 64s laps at knockhill in the damp on Japanese road tyres. Quite impressed with that :mad: Car was very wild early on till i got to grips with its characteristics (and also clicked the diff settings up a bit to have more torque to the fronts)

on track:

IMG_1000_TrackScotland_01_05_09.jpg

CTSMay0915.jpg

CTSMay0916.jpg

vids

Getting it ready.... hopefully for TA at Brands

new seat arrived :D

seat.JPG

Omp Highprofile mounts

omp1.jpg

dont quite understand (from the pic anyway) why they have 8 bolt holes... sure i'll work it out when i see em.

omp2.jpg

3" Revolution downpipe, and system. Again.... thats a very strange wee bit of exhaust there!

exhaust1.jpg

exhaust2.jpg

exhaust3.jpg

Edited by Fee

Good thread and nice looking trackcar you've got there.I'm thinking about getting a classic for a track car at the moment so any tips/info ,do's & don'ts to help me out would be much appreciated.Looking forward to reading more about your project :rotfl:

Looking good. See you at Brands :rotfl:

Fingers crossed :mad:

Whats the spec of your car? What power/torque/weight etc etc.

With the current power and susp/brake setup I think i'd be doing well (me personally, not the car) to get under 60 at KH.

What size of wheels and R888's are you running?

exhaust pics are on page2, but only in the box. Not sure when it'll be fitted.

exhaust2.jpg

Its the smaller 'scoobysport' type tailpipe, not the large garish 5" slash 'jap' one.

Just hoping the exhaust will be nice and quiet to keep noise police at tracks happy.

Edited by TrackScotland
exhaust pics are on page2, but only in the box. Not sure when it'll be fitted.

exhaust2.jpg

Its the smaller 'scoobysport' type tailpipe, not the large garish 5" slash 'jap' one.

Just hoping the exhaust will be nice and quiet to keep noise police at tracks happy.

lol how did you take that pic? looks like you have 2 right feet?

theres a group buy on aberdeenscoobies just for revo exhaust and gonna get one as my hks is too loud! was just wondering what tail piece might look like so it take it thats the 100mm rond one then?

Adam -

Im currently running about 400bhp and not sure what torque.Was really struggling for power at knockhill at the weekend. Exhaust manifold gasket had been blowing and the car was down on power and majorly in low down torque. It eventually blew right off in the final. Weight is about 1200kg. As the car has a heavy 6 speed box and a cage. Possibly running more power for silverstone. Im running 215.45.17 r888's. Thats as wide as i can get without them rubbing on the wings or suspension strutts.

More updates - to make it up to MSA blue book standards for multiple series'. Fancy a round or two of TimeAttack (basically to MSA regs), and some rounds of the Nippon Challange - MSA regs. Hopefully with the new downpipe and exhaust the car will still come in under 300hp or my plans for the GT300 class in the Nippon are scuppered :D Dont fancy racing it in the GT500 B) Might need to get some changes to the map done :)

So.... bought....

OMP FIA 495mm HighProfile side mounts for seat

OMP FIA weld in seat frame bars

LifeLine FIA 2.25 plumbed in extinguisher

MSA approved Rain Light

2x Master cut off switches (1 for cabin, 1 for exterior)

Car is away getting FIA Multipoint cage welded in as of today :D I have the BEST WIFE IN THE WORLD (fee)! She organised this for my birthday :D

Type 1B below.

Rollcages.JPG

I'm also considering buying one of those arch rolling things (arm with a skateboard wheel) to roll the aches, maybe even flare them, to get some 225 tyres under the arches. Anyone got any tips before I dive in and wreck my lovely clean arches?