Rb320 And The Multi Storey....

Guys, have any of you guys had "issues" getting in / out of multi storey car parks? I'm worried about ripping off the lower rubber spoiler on my RB320? Wife is getting well fecking peed off with me refusing to go into these. :thumbup:

YES!!!!

Lancaster centre car park! Splitter then fell off on the M6

Don't do it!

If your meaning the Elgin one in particular, I stuck to the entrance and lower level when I had the Prodrive springs on and was ok,

(had splitter on too with Hawkeye (only saying that due to Hawkeyes having quite long noses)).

Any of the Inverness ones are ok too.

I havent yet ventured in with the Teins on, car is prob another 10/15mm lower than on prodrive springs.

Ps. Let me know if you venture up top in Elgin!

Edited by Smiler AS

Yeah hawk-eyes seem to be worse than the blobs as they stick out more at the front over the wheels... I remember Marc (Boyakasha) trying to get in and out of the one next to the train station, which has pretty harsh ramps, I think that he even tried reversing down the carpark to avoid the scraping, which of course failed miserably... :thumbup:

but the ban accord car park (the one next to boots, off schoolhill) is not too bad I find, but then I am driving a classic, at normal height...

You only have to try it once to find out, you'll soon know if its going to be a bad idea or not...

I'm sure if you use that one, you'll probably be fine... (You ARE in Aberdeen aintcha?) failing that, Denburn for the win! You'll have no problems in there! IN fact, Chapel street is ok too, come to think about it, you might get a little scrape, but Idont know how bad, Ive had an RB320 (Dianne's) and an STi hawk eye in there with no real issues...

Ask at Kenn and Dianne, I'm sure that they will tell you if there's any that the have any problems with...

Yes, the front of the Hawkeye was extended to increase safety, i.e. crumple zones and energy absorption in case of a front on shunt. When I had my splitter on, it scraped its way on every ramp going down and up, it was a painful and butt-clenching moment each time. I avoided multi-stories thereafter and still wont go in even now that its gone. So don't!

I would rather walk into town on broken glass rather than park the motor in one of those multi storey door ding factories :D

:thumbup:

My bro's RB320 has never seen a multi storey as far as I know.. But he does have the rubber protector just incase.. Amazingly he managed to ground his old bugeye on standard springs on a carpark somewhere :lol:

I've not tried the elgin one yet with the bugeye since fitting the splitter.. It was relatively close before and not willing to jam up the carpark trying... ALthough that's just given me an idea for a local meet.... That's one way to attract attention to ourselves.. TopGear style!! :banana:

Guys, have any of you guys had "issues" getting in / out of multi storey car parks? I'm worried about ripping off the lower rubber spoiler on my RB320? Wife is getting well fecking peed off with me refusing to go into these. ;)

Sooo, already having prodrive springs fitted, if I fit a front splitter I can get out of having to go to the shops !! Thinking the wife might not accept that as a good reason !!? :lol:

Sooo, already having prodrive springs fitted, if I fit a front splitter I can get out of having to go to the shops !! Thinking the wife might not accept that as a good reason !!? :lol:

yea happened to me couple times then i had a bump and had to get new one anyway ;)

Yeah hawk-eyes seem to be worse than the blobs as they stick out more at the front over the wheels... I remember Marc (Boyakasha) trying to get in and out of the one next to the train station, which has pretty harsh ramps, I think that he even tried reversing down the carpark to avoid the scraping, which of course failed miserably... ;)

Yip I remember that night well :lol:

That was the first and last time my car ever went near a multi storey carpark :lol:

Yip I remember that night well ;)

That was the first and last time my car ever went near a multi storey carpark ;)

HAHAHA! That was one of the funnies things that Ive seen in a long time!!! watching you sheepishly reversing down the ramps!!! ;)

That said, you went in the Chapel street one with no issues straight after, but man that was hard work persuading you! :censored:

Edited by thefastone

Thanks for all of the feedback guys. Too many NO's for me to risk it i think, between that and the thought of all the numpties in Aberdeen with their arms full of Christmas shopping putting loverly big "dings" in the bodywork of my baby - i just couldn't handle it!! Wife's Cooper S is covered with dents - not sure how many are self inflicted though ;)