Harness In Road Car ?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I can remember about harness and fitting locations, if you have the shoulder straps coming out of the seats and heading straight down, when you have an accident the forces are transferred downwards and through the seat which usually ends up in the seat splitting at the point where the seat bottom and back rest join.

Schroth harnesse have a quick fit system that uses the original inertia reel points in the front and back and has a quick connect system that allows you to take them out in minutes.

Have a look here Rallye BeltQuick Fit

Or they do inertia reel ones that require a higher fitting point but would still alllow you to look forward at junctions/ change the Britney Spears cd that the mrs left in there.

Cheers

Martin

From what I can remember about harness and fitting locations, if you have the shoulder straps coming out of the seats and heading straight down, when you have an accident the forces are transferred downwards and through the seat which usually ends up in the seat splitting at the point where the seat bottom and back rest join.

Schroth harnesse have a quick fit system that uses the original inertia reel points in the front and back and has a quick connect system that allows you to take them out in minutes.

Or they do inertia reel ones that require a higher fitting point but would still alllow you to look forward at junctions/ change the Britney Spears cd that the mrs left in there.

Cheers

Martin

Ah those are the udated versions of the ones I used to use. I thoroughly recommend those as a quick jerk on the shoulders locks you in and if you have rear passengers you can quickly detach them as I used to keep the lapstrap still fitted.

Ah those are the udated versions of the ones I used to use. I thoroughly recommend a quick jerk on the shoulders locks you in and if you have rear passengers you can quickly detach them as I used to keep the lapstrap still fitted.

Ian, what do you mean you reccomend a quick jerk?

D ;)

Cheers

Martin

Cheers - they are the business - 132 Euros = 113.178622 British pounds to get delivered so I need to ponder this purchase. MOT due soon which may have a bearing on my expenditure !

They certainly fit the bill in terms of practicality !

• 3 months later...

I'm lucky enough to have both.

I have a CG lock in the RB, and it is a fantastic little bit of kit and you do feel alot more secure with it. The main plus over the harnesses is that you can still lean forward with ease.

I've got full harnesses in the Defender, and great as they are for off road stuff they are a bit of a pain on the road. If you set them up so they are comfortable and still allow movement you probably wouldn't be held very well in an accident... and if you set them up properly you can't move, can bearly reach the sterio controls and forget looking at junctions lol

Depends how often you drive it and where. If you do mostly motorway then you wouldn't need to lean forward very often