Award Of The Day

how about banning scenery too and everyone else on the road when you are driving......is the bird in the car next to you not a distraction?.....it certainly can be to me at times.

I think kids under the age of 10 and dogs should be banned from cars too.......oh yeah and nagging girlfriends/ wives!!

Infact lets just ban vehicular transport altogether and teleport everywhere!!!

F##king joke of a country!! :)

WELL SAID !!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I came across this thread as I was driving along the M90 and surfing the net on my Blackberry, I nearly choked on the coffee I was drinking and dropped my cigarette on the floor burning the carpet, Luckily I steered the car with my knees as I picked up the cigarette, and wiped the coffee off.

Interesting stuff guys, however your never going to stop it, and giving yourself an ulcer getting stressed isnt going to help either.

Next time you see someone doing one of these things, why dont follow him home, find out where they stays get all you fellow subaru crusaders together with big firey torches and lynch him! Problem solved!!

Callum W

I’ve got a good life mate that I want to keep

Lets hope that a driver talking on a phone doesn’t take yours, or that of your loved ones

If they did you may feel different.

As long as people like you think it big to talk on the phone when driving

People will die!

Lets just get one thing straight my post was nothing about thinking it's ok to use a phone from driving. Far from it, it's wrong and illegal. My point is all you ever do is come on here and moan about company's you feel hard done by. and now because someone was on there phone why driving. you missed the point of my post altogether.

like I said get a life

smoking and using the phone is something i do neither of but you do still see people using the phone constantly i was pushed onto the hard shoulder a few weeks back by a guy in a work van on the phone. gave him a little big of gesturing and finger movements.

i just treat EVERYONE on the roads as incompetent retards that have no clue how to drive. so when they do something right its a surprise.

i am no angel though i only stick to the speed limt around town everywhere else in my opinion is an autoban.

I also give learner drivers all the time and room they need, only drivers i give grace to everyone else is fair game. :)

i do think that old coffin dodgers should be banned though as they do my fecking head in!! :angry:

Have a f'n word ..Ban smoking ??... next you'll want to ban de-cats !

edited to keep Dale happy

Luckily I read the post earlier so caught the pre-edit.

So have a word with yourself Frank. Is this country not (supposedly) a democracy? I think I'm quite entitled to my opinion. You're entitled to yours too, if you can word it that way rather than just pour scorn on someone without some opinion to back it up.

I think most of us here are enthusiasts who probably take great pride in our driving abilities. I think I could quite easily drive on certain roads whilst on a phone held to my ear. I also think on certain roads I could smoke (if I did smoke) quite easily. However on the M8 during rush hour there's barely time to have a blink.

The way I see it, possibly from a non smoker point of view, is that it's no more or less difficult to carry out the task of smoking than it is to use a mobile. If one is banned why not the other?

There's been a few jokes too about kids in the car. Quite a valid point too - how many crashes a year happen because someone's taken their eye off the road to control their screaming kids? How many happen because some complete tool just doesn't concentrate on the road no matter if they're a non-mobile user, non-smoker and not a parent?

Driving standards in this country are dire. The fewer things to distract the already brain dead the better.

The way I see it, possibly from a non smoker point of view, is that it's no more or less difficult to carry out the task of smoking than it is to use a mobile.

typical non smoker (non experianced :) ) reply stephen, smoking and using a phone whilist driving dosent even come close to one another, smoking shouldent even be considered to be in the same league as using a mobil phone

If one is banned why not the other?

like i said in an earlier post, why dont we go the full distance and ban stereos, sat navs, heating/air conditioning/heated seats etc etc as any of these are as dangerous as smoking whilist driving

some of these fuddie duddies who want to ban everything really need to waken up and get a life

Don't say *get a life* Dunk..that's how I upset stephen in the first place.. :)

Oh, and your not aloud to say have a f'n word either lol

is fuddie duddie ok :angry::)

i also think we should ban manual cars and go fully automatic so we can have two hands on the wheels "AT ALL TIMES!!", i also think we should all be made to wear blinkers (like horses) so we can fully concentrate with whats happening in front of us ;)

Who's upset? I'm not the one who had the problem with the get a life comment either.

My car has a full decat Frank. I quite enjoy making swift progress on the roads too. Quite happy to admit that.

You are entitled to your opinion. But "have a word" doesn't really share that opinion with the world.

Like I said - I think it should be banned on the same grounds that mobiles are. If you don't then that's fine. Doesn't mean I wouldn't have a beer in the pub with you. Obviously you'd need to go outside at some stage for a smoke and I wouldn't, but that's life too. :)

After 3 pages I would have though that was quite obvious!

I suspect if you were seen to be lighting up or extinguishing or whatever in a manner that was careless then the polce could get you for careless driving or the likes. Same as if you were consuming a bowl of cereal as I once saw a BT van driver doing in Edinburgh.

I don't doubt that anyone here who does smoke doesn't attempt the harder parts of the act whilst negotiating an icy slalom track or other tricky road conditions, but there are some idiots out there who no doubt do.

No belittling at all Frank. Just that people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. If you want to go down that road then you better make sure you're whiter than white.

I'm quite happy to hold my hands up and say I've got 3 bonus points for a small incident on the M74.

Whether we agree with the law or respect the law is two different things!

I suspect if you were seen to be lighting up or extinguishing or whatever in a manner that was careless then the polce could get you for careless driving or the likes.

Since you have so much experiance of this horrific activity could you please tell me how lighting up or extinguishing in any kind of manner other than being a down right retard could be classed as being careless?

Same as if you were consuming a bowl of cereal as I once saw a BT van driver doing in Edinburgh.

So your saying smoking is now as dangerous as driving across Edinburgh eating a bowl of cereal?

I don't doubt that anyone here who does smoke doesn't attempt the harder parts of the act

which hard parts is this you refer to stephen?? :) , it takes less time to light a smoke and put it out with alot less concentration than say changing a CD but i dont see you calling to ban CD`s ?

so where does these harder parts come into it?

I can't understand this silly practice that we have started where someone is miffed at someone else's wrong doing and then feel the need to make it public. There is not a single person on here or anywhere who is not guilty of one wrong doing or another, so what gives anyone the right to point fingers and take the moral high ground? Saying, "I'm not as bad as you" doesn't absolve you from your wrong doing, so, when you see someone act irresponsibly, take them aside and have a word with them in private if possible. Failing that, keep it your yourself.

ANDYJDMSTI's post, in my opinion, was the best contribution to this debate.

Still can't believe you actually typed this :angry:

It was that good, I thought i'd post it up again :)

Frank - at no point have I said that I'm whiter than white. You were the one who raised the decat issue as some sort of reason why I'm not allowed to have an opinion. My reply was merely to suggest that if you wanted to go down that road that you should be well aware that you're not the clean tattie yourself and by your own argument were not allowed an opinion. I'm fine with people having opinions on the law even if they've broken it.

So does that clarify this then?

I'm sure a lot of us agree the speed laws in this country are vastly out of date.

For the love of god :) Are you for real..

Forget all about it mate, it's not worth the hassle.. If you want to end this conversation taking the moral high ground then take it..your obviously missing the point here..No your not whiter than white, your transparent :angry:

Your Priceless !!

And you're not making any sense what so ever to me Frank. Maybe to other people you are.

I'm quite happy to admit that my OPINION on whether you should be allowed to smoke or not whilst driving probably needs more thought. I'm not a smoker so perhaps my views on how difficult it is aren't valid.

However you don't seem to think I'm entitled to an opinion, no matter how poorly thought out it is.

Maybe you'd like to recap where I've gone wrong and what your point actually is?

I'm away to see Bond now, I imagine there'll be less drama and fighting in it than this thread though.

I can't understand this silly practice that we have started where someone is miffed at someone else's wrong doing and then feel the need to make it public. There is not a single person on here or anywhere who is not guilty of one wrong doing or another, so what gives anyone the right to point fingers and take the moral high ground? Saying, "I'm not as bad as you" doesn't absolve you from your wrong doing, so, when you see someone act irresponsibly, take them aside and have a word with them in private if possible. Failing that, keep it your yourself.

ANDYJDMSTI's post, in my opinion, was the best contribution to this debate.

yeah welsho until your post. Absolutly spot on mate.