Award Of The Day

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldnt say its the actual smoking thats unsafe but the lighting of the fag and flicking ash in an ash tray, which will involve taking your eyes of the road. Just as dangerous as using a phone i would have thought.

lol nowhere near it you dont need to concentrate smoking a fag like you do talking on the phone either its just a case of light up and puff away with little effort or concentration involved, you must take your eyes off the road to change a CD or change a radio station, lets ban CD players and radios too as long as were at it, yayyyyy..... Feck it lets ban sat navs too, lets also ban speedometers too cause your eyes need to leave the road to look at the speedo, feck it lets also ban airc onditioning/heating/electric windows/cruise control/heated seats and every other little button a car has cause you need to take your eyes off the road to operate them, where does it end?

I am an ex smoker and regularly smoked whilst driving and even burnt the back seat of my old orion when i flicked the fag out the drivers window and the head of it flew back in and landed on the back seat. :waving-santa:

Taken from this website

http://www.safermotoring.co.uk/DrinkingEat...henDriving.html

The bottom couple of lines.

Smoking Whilst Driving

From 1st of July 2007 it will be illegal to smoke in any public spaces and workplaces in England. The introduction of the new law also means that it will be illegal to smoke in vehicles that are used to transport members of the public or if they are used by more than one person for the purposes of work (paid or unpaid) whether they are travelling in the vehicle at the same time or not.

The ban also means that it will be illegal for both drivers and passengers to light up in all taxis and private hire vehicles. This means that drivers will not be able to smoke in their cab, even if they have no passengers.

All vehicles that are required to be smokefree must display a no smoking sign which must show the international symbol for "No Smoking" and must be 70 mm across or more.

Private vehicles, or those that are used mainly for private purposes will not be required to be smokefree.

Lighting up behind the wheel in Scotland can already cost you £60 as in 2006 smoking whilst driving was banned as part of the Scottish Highway Code. In-car smoking is banned in Brazil and in Germany, they are attempting to impose a smoking ban whilst driving.

no way does smoking distract you. easily spark up without taking eyes of road. lol at setting fire to orion done that too, no great waste IMO.

so are we allowed to post threads with every misdemeanor we find on the roads, it would be one way of making forum appear busy!

i have driven my car over 60 miles with no metal brake pipes on car! pmsl

no way does smoking distract you. easily spark up without taking eyes of road. lol at setting fire to orion done that too, no great waste IMO.

so are we allowed to post threads with every misdemeanor we find on the roads, it would be one way of making forum appear busy!

i have driven my car over 60 miles with no metal brake pipes on car! pmsl

lol maybe you should be keeping that one to your self Euan :waving-santa:

like euan says, i too can easily spark up smoke it and put it out with out taking my eyes off the road, we must be special :santa:

Let ban nose picking and ear stratching even tho you don't take your eyes off the road!!!!

true you dont need to take your eyes off the road to do that but you do need to engage in some level of concentration to do it (depending how deep you go) and to pull it off successfully, so i agree with peter lets ban it on general principal :waving-santa:

how about banning scenery too and everyone else on the road when you are driving......is the bird in the car next to you not a distraction?.....it certainly can be to me at times.

I think kids under the age of 10 and dogs should be banned from cars too.......oh yeah and nagging girlfriends/ wives!!

Infact lets just ban vehicular transport altogether and teleport everywhere!!!

F##king joke of a country!! :)

addison are you victor meldrew in disguise? you only ever seem to come on here to moan about people or companys you feel hard done by. do you not see the common denomenator? YOU. get a life.

I’ve got a good life mate that I want to keep

Lets hope that a driver talking on a phone doesn’t take yours, or that of your loved ones

If they did you may feel different.

As long as people like you think it big to talk on the phone when driving

People will die!

I’ve got a good life mate that I want to keep

Lets hope that a driver talking on a phone doesn’t take yours, or that of your loved ones

If they did you may feel different.

As long as people like you think it big to talk on the phone when driving

People will die!

Well said :)