Wiper Blades

Need new wiper blades. 2004 Impreza.

Bosch currently on it have been okay, but is there better out there ?

Have heard that Aero Blades and PIA are good, but are they worth the money -v- Bosch.

Also be good to know best (i.e. cheapest :thumbup: ) place to buy from !

Need new wiper blades. 2004 Impreza.

Bosch currently on it have been okay, but is there better out there ?

Have heard that Aero Blades and PIA are good, but are they worth the money -v- Bosch.

Also be good to know best (i.e. cheapest :thumbup: ) place to buy from !

Get the Aero Flat blades mate, they are superb!!

Also i use rain-x too and i have noticed a difference. The bugs dont get stuck as fast either with Rain-x in the windscreen bottle

This is my last post in another thread from a while back.

Titled Fusion Wiper Blades, I think.

These blades are not too expensive and they have worked perfectly since I got them and they have been in action a lot lately, British summer eh! :thumbup: .

They also look fantastic. ;)

Was needing new wiper blades so after a wee search on here I found this thread, among others.

Yet again advice from 'Gus the Bus' has not only saved me money but has directed me to another quality component for the Scoob. :lol:

Purchased a set of Aero VU wiper blades for £14 delivered from ebay and fitted them today. They look way better than the Bosch efforts that were on the car and even got to test them out in a wee shower this afternoon on the way home and they are very slick. B)

PIAA all the way for me.

didn't think I could get excited about a set of wiper blades till I bought these, sad eh!

Yup, another PIAA convert here, to the point that I bought a set for the wifes Leon as well. Use far less screenwash when using the PIAAs 'cos you don't need to keep the screen wet to use the wipers IYKWIM. Silent as well (so far anyway).

I got a set of Areo VU blades from Ebay a few weeks back and they are truly awful.

Will need to change them again before the McRae Gathering as I don't think I could suffer them all the way if it is wet.

James the AERO crud that people are selling on Ebay is about as useful as t1ts on a nun. theres so many FAKE flatblades out there people, pick carefully, and always get opinions and better still, use a name thats known and trusted.

James the AERO crud that people are selling on Ebay is about as useful as t1ts on a nun. theres so many FAKE flatblades out there people, pick carefully, and always get opinions and better still, use a name thats known and trusted.

Tell me about it! :P

• 1 year later...

a bump for this old thread to ask if you guys put RainX "inside" the washer bottle or just applied it on the surface of the windscreen?

Dunk, where did you buy your Bosch ones from?

I called S&S and they dont have the Bosch aero twin blades for a MY96, its only the standard Subaru single-blade ones...

Personally I just have it applied to the windscreen, top up depends on how often the car is used and washed so need to gauge that yourself. Can't remember where or when but sure I read an opinion on one or the other with both together not being of any real additional benefit ??

Ooops :thumbup: , and I never asked if you wanted Rain-X on your windscreen Imy, some people just don't like it ! If you ever re-visit I'll make sure it goes on B) .

Edited by C_WRX

Colin, no worries B)

i'm needing new blades, the halfords ones I've had for the past year and a bit need replacing,

they smear and judder when using them above 50 mph B)

to explain the S&S thing, I've got a voucher for them and thought I might as well use it.

obviously I know I can get them elsewhere :thumbup:

The thick 'frameless' blades that the Subaru main dealers are selling these days are actually really good - an even contact with the windscreen and minimal (if any) smearing. At £30 a pop, they're not cheap, but worth the premium IMHO. Look better too.

Halfords wiper blades are poor. I had a set on my previous scooby - one of the blades worked free at the end of the frame so that the frame actually scratched the glass.