Finally Fitted My Mcrae Gathering Sticker

and i'm sure it's illegal to run about with numbers on your doors, but who's strickly legal on this forum.

You take the chances............

AFAIK it is not illegal to have numbers on your doors, it is competition cars that must remove/cover their numbers before driving on the road.

I was always fine when I had the Castrol Graphics on the GT4... at the time, I was told that south of the border you had to have a line through the number, but up in Scotland it was ok to have the graphics on it. :lol:

The rear lights weren't a favorite of mine anyway, but now with the graphics, they've gotta go standard mate. But I do like the look. :lol:

Cheers,

Grant

I was always fine when I had the Castrol Graphics on the GT4... at the time, I was told that south of the border you had to have a line through the number, but up in Scotland it was ok to have the graphics on it. :rotfl:

The rear lights weren't a favorite of mine anyway, but now with the graphics, they've gotta go standard mate. But I do like the look. :rotfl:

Cheers,

Grant

i remember seeing a cool castrol gt4 going around dundee a few years ago, possibly you? :rotfl: that would've been back when i had the red corrado.

kev car looks :rotfl::(B)B)B)B)B)B)B)

garage nearly as big as mine :P

i remember seeing a cool castrol gt4 going around dundee a few years ago, possibly you? :rotfl: that would've been back when i had the red corrado.

Picture007225.jpg

Yep, probably was me, used to get a lot of looks in that car with the graphics on it... that car had stickers on and off it about 3 or 4 times over the time that me and my friend had it. :rotfl:

Cheers,

Grant

Cheers for the comments guys :rotfl:

never mind the rear lights, Kev what've you done to your Morette headlights?! :rotfl:

btw, liking the stickers :rotfl:

Imy, i could get all technical and say i removed the lights to provide cold air induction to my washer bottle and panel filter box, however the truth is that one got cracked (during a highland run) and i took it out for the mot. And i'm to tight tight a***d to buy new ones. :rotfl:

Plus i like the look without them

AFAIK it is not illegal to have numbers on your doors, it is competition cars that must remove/cover their numbers before driving on the road.

Thats not quite correct!

Competition cars have competition Insurance, therefore are allowed to run with the numbers visible as some races are run on the public roads, (like road rallys, done at legal speeds, timings taken from ability to drive perfectly and mapread)

If you have standard liability insurance and you have COMPETITION NUMBERPLATES with NUMBERS on the car, it can be construde that you are partaking in Racing (WHICH IT STATES ON YOUR INSURANCE YOU ARE NOT COVERED FOR) and therefore are technically running illegal.

If you have an accident, i guarantee the insurance company will pull that and youll end up being fined. On top of that youll be prosecuted for not having insurance.

My brother and i have raced since 1968 for him and 1981 for me, the law has ALWAYS been that and i doubt it will ever change.

You can listen to all the stories you want, but dont say you were not warned!

Thats not quite correct!

Competition cars have competition Insurance, therefore are allowed to run with the numbers visible as some races are run on the public roads, (like road rallys, done at legal speeds, timings taken from ability to drive perfectly and mapread)

If you have standard liability insurance and you have COMPETITION NUMBERPLATES with NUMBERS on the car, it can be construde that you are partaking in Racing (WHICH IT STATES ON YOUR INSURANCE YOU ARE NOT COVERED FOR) and therefore are technically running illegal.

If you have an accident, i guarantee the insurance company will pull that and youll end up being fined. On top of that youll be prosecuted for not having insurance.

My brother and i have raced since 1968 for him and 1981 for me, the law has ALWAYS been that and i doubt it will ever change.

You can listen to all the stories you want, but dont say you were not warned!

Well I informed my insurance company that I was putting FULL WRC replica graphics on the car. They noted it on the policy & said there was no issues - just the usual crap that if I have an accident they would repair the car to standard & would not replace any graphics damaged.

I'm not saying you're wrong m8 but maybe we should get this clarified once & for all as it often comes up in threads - who would we ask? Mr Plod, DVLA, competition licencing, Association of Motor Insurers?

Den

Obviously you should inform your insurer of any mods (including stickers), but I am sure there is not a LAW against fitting numbers on your car.

Cars competing in racing, hillclimbs, sprints, etc should remove their competition numbers before driving on the road. It is a rule in the Motor Sports Association blue book.

Well I informed my insurance company that I was putting FULL WRC replica graphics on the car. They noted it on the policy & said there was no issues - just the usual crap that if I have an accident they would repair the car to standard & would not replace any graphics damaged

Den

same as me,

i'll carry some insulating tape with me to cross it out if i get any bother :rotfl:

same as me,

i'll carry some insulating tape with me to cross it out if i get any bother :rotfl:

As an MSA official the competition number has not only to be crossed through but totally obscured, lots of lines if that makes sense.

We brief that to competitors at the start of an event, particularly club sprints, were some owners drive the car to the event and home again.

I used my initials ijs which adds a touch of personal appearance, words used by someone else.

IJSEMT