Finally Fitted My Mcrae Gathering Sticker

Hey Kev long time no see, the scoobs looking good.

How long have you owned it now?? seems to have been around for ever!

I do miss the old subaru runs, Quite tempted to find a clean P1 but need to get shot of this Mini first!

ddrun5.jpg

Edited by Col 666
lol i knew you would come back at some point :rotfl:

haha, well I didnt say I would never come back I just said I would never buy a newage of any description! I've just bought a house so finally have somewhere safe to keep a decent car and with working offshore I dont need to worry about MPG too much with the limited miles I do now.

Hey Kev long time no see, the scoobs looking good.

How long have you owned it now?? seems to have been around for ever!

I've had it 6 years past july mate, best car i've ever owned. The only trouble i've had was a maf sensor and that was fixed under warranty.

Edited by scoobykev
If you have standard liability insurance and you have COMPETITION NUMBERPLATES with NUMBERS on the car, it can be construde that you are partaking in Racing (WHICH IT STATES ON YOUR INSURANCE YOU ARE NOT COVERED FOR) and therefore are technically running illegal.

But he doesn't have competition numberplates, so it can't be construded that he is taking part in racing. So he should be ok.

But he doesn't have competition numberplates, so it can't be construded that he is taking part in racing. So he should be ok.

that was my next question, what's the difference between an ordinary numberplate and a competition one? Since all uk plates must conform to a BS standard to be road legal

that was my next question, what's the difference between an ordinary numberplate and a competition one? Since all uk plates must conform to a BS standard to be road legal

Never heard of a competition plate, so I'm guessing that its simply a regular numberplate that is registered to a competition car.

Well I informed my insurance company that I was putting FULL WRC replica graphics on the car. They noted it on the policy & said there was no issues - just the usual crap that if I have an accident they would repair the car to standard & would not replace any graphics damaged.

I'm not saying you're wrong m8 but maybe we should get this clarified once & for all as it often comes up in threads - who would we ask? Mr Plod, DVLA, competition licencing, Association of Motor Insurers?

Den

Den, youre right it SHOULD be cleared up, problem is there is so much cloak and dagger with it its unreal.

We are told when we compete to make sure the Comp insurance is valid to drive with the numbers showing. If we have an accident while involved in a rally or race, we are covered 3rd party.

Now i have heard of someone that used their normal insurance, told the insurance company they were doing a charity roadrally as a support vehicle, but would be displaying NUMBERBOARDS on the side of the car, who informed them it was fine, but unfortunately had a prang.

Now months after that incident, the insurance company wrote to him, told him that he was infact NOT insured as all policies state not for Racing hire etc etc. and the fact he was displaying Race Numbers the Underwriters pulled on it, So he was then sued by the third parties insurance.

Im not saying if you have numbers youll be prosecuted, im just saying that with the numbers on there, the insurance companies and underwriters can and Sometmes WILL pull on you. Not only that you end up having the Law prosecute you too.

In this day and age, its just not worth it is it? Just to have numbers?? Put the numberboards on the car, and buy magnetic numbers for the shows, take them off for driving every day.

Better safe than sorry.