Someone's In For A Surprise!

I contacted the buyer and asked them to come and read this thread. we see if they do or don't.

Noticed the seller has zero feedback that would worry me.

hi im the guy who has won the engine on ebay

i am buying it to replace a 98 uk edition engine which has irriversable oil leaks and needs a new engine

i am a member of cheshire and district subaru club

could anyone please advise me wether or not i should go ahead and buy this engine as i thought i was buying it in good faith, i contacted the seller tonight and he says the engine is genuine and he has the paperwork to prove it ...so did they make a sti without a red top ????

any information would be greatly apreaciated as i have just worked 6 weeks of overtime in order to purchase a new engine and do not want to be ripped off...

andy

ps ...thankyou to members who alerted me to the problems

hi im the guy who has won the engine on ebay

i am buying it to replace a 98 uk edition engine which has irriversable oil leaks and needs a new engine

i am a member of cheshire and district subaru club

could anyone please advise me wether or not i should go ahead and buy this engine as i thought i was buying it in good faith, i contacted the seller tonight and he says the engine is genuine and he has the paperwork to prove it ...so did they make a sti without a red top ????

any information would be greatly apreaciated as i have just worked 6 weeks of overtime in order to purchase a new engine and do not want to be ripped off...

andy

ps ...thankyou to members who alerted me to the problems

glad you have stopped by - just don't hand over any cash till the experts here chime in mate..

glad you have stopped by - just don't hand over any cash till the experts here chime in mate..

Cheers my head is really battered at the mo part of me still want's to go and have

a look at this engine for piece of and too maybe give the seller the chance to prove

other wise :P

pretty sure red tops were sti ver3 onwards ver2 was silver and had the coilpacks on the side of heads not up top who knows what that engine is. maybe ask for the engine codes to check them Greig

my ver 2 isin`t paul was reading ver 2 was the first sti to be made as sti and not adapted wrx like ver1.

and on ver 3 they started the redtop could be wrong quite easily but if so why mine no got? 96 wrx sti 555 v.limited type ra

Cheers Greig

P.S Mon the KG

Version 3 and 4 had the Phase 1.5 heads and went from individual Coilpacks to the single Coil with wasted Spark system seen on this engine.

Its a V3-4 engine but whether is an STi (with the goodies) is sceptical as there seems to be no red paint on manifold.

It is possible that the engine was changed prior to him getting it BUT wiring was different on these compared to the V5 ISCV plug TPS plug, etc so I fail to see how it came out of a V5 car.

Beware is all I say, I'd think twice before spending that amount of dosh on that engine!!!! :P

Russell