Hot Marques

I was thinking about taking the car to a Hot Marques night at Knockhill, but I wanted to ask a few questions from those who have driven at these events (or spectated). I have only ever taken part in the SIDC track days, and found the driving etiquette to be very good (bar one or two exceptions). Also, the driving standard appears to be very good too. So I'm a bit concerned about going to other events just in case its not as well organised and that other drivers are not as tolerant as most of the drivers are on SIDC days. Oh and I don't want to take my wee WRX on track with all these exotic cars and have to keep moving over all the time basically being a PITA to everyone else.

So what's the thoughts on this?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you will be ok on most knockhill trackdays john especially the hot marques ones as theres sometimes some pretty expensive bits of kit doing the rounds, ive done a speed sunday one before and even found that to be ok as i past just about everything on track with little problem so everything was basically behind me and nobody to bother me lol ;)

i was actually thinking about doing this one as well, its a two hour session is it?

Edited by Ac!D
you will be ok on most knockhill trackdays john especially the hot marques ones as theres sometimes some pretty expensive bits of kit doing the rounds, ive done a speed sunday one before and even found that to be ok as i past just about everything on track with little problem so everything was basically behind me and nobody to bother me lol :D

i was actually thinking about doing this one as well, its a two hour session is it?

The three-hour one on the 19th July (next Saturday). Hope you can make it, see a familiar face there :D Let me know if your going, its 2pm - 5pm £75 ;)

All booked up for this: 19 July 2 - 5 ;) Will be weird not being among the usual faces/cars!

You will enjoy it John,

We tend to stick to the Hot Marques rather than the speed Sundays as it seems a little more sensible due to the cost of some of the cars as people don't want to bend them.

You will be suprised at how familiar most of the faces are.

Usual rules, O/T on the left only and most of the guys are good and will move over no problems if you are faster.

Regards

Scottyb

You will enjoy it John,

We tend to stick to the Hot Marques rather than the speed Sundays as it seems a little more sensible due to the cost of some of the cars as people don't want to bend them.

You will be suprised at how familiar most of the faces are.

Usual rules, O/T on the left only and most of the guys are good and will move over no problems if you are faster.

Regards

Scottyb

Thanks mate ;)

Just watch out for the Evo's and the buggies if they havent been banned again! The driving standards are still pretty high but usually at a lot quicker pace than the driving Miss daisy SIDC events!

I can't disagree that the cars will be faster than SIDC days becasue I have never been involved in a Hot Marques event. However, I feel I am well-placed to say that I disagree with the Miss Daisy comment. When I have to move over, it wont be because I'm driving like Miss Daisy, it will be that the other drivers/cars are quicker, not anymore commited. Also, if there are Miss Daisy drivers at SIDC days, this tends to be the exception rather than the rule.

Edited by TheWelsho
Just watch out for the Evo's and the buggies if they havent been banned again! The driving standards are still pretty high but usually at a lot quicker pace than the driving Miss daisy SIDC events!

Bruce's taxi's are still regulars if that is the EVO's you are talking about? To be honest they are never a problem, if anything they are out to have a good clear run like the rest of us, and at least you know their cars well looked after as they spend a fortune on keeping them running. I must have done 12+ Hot Marques nights and never had a problem with the rage buggies either?

I can't disagree that the cars will be faster than SIDC days becasue I have never been involved in a Hot Marques event. However, I feel I am well-placed to say that I disagree with the Miss Daisy comment. When I have to move over, it wont be because I'm driving like Miss Daisy, it will be that the other drivers/cars are quicker, not anymore commited. Also, if there are Miss Daisy drivers at SIDC days, this tends to be the exception rather than the rule.

What i would say about the SIDC days from what i have seen is nothing to do with people driving faster or slower on each specific day. What you have to keep in mind on SIDC days is that there are a lot more turbo cars on the track and people therfore doing warm up and cool down laps to protect their engines which often makes it look like people are going slower. Again most people are good when doing this and stay well over to the right with their indicators on, it is all about bearing stuff like this in mind.

Driving standards are actually very good at Knockhill if you pick your day right, even Speed Sundays seem slightly better with the 2 new road/track groups, you should try trackdays down South if you want fun and games.......!

Who/what are the "Rage Buggies?"

2 x red framed buggies which are fairly rapid - i may be wrong but i am sure they have bike engines in them possibly Hayabusa engines???

They handle and corner very well and give most things a good run for there money. Haven't seen them for a while to be honest.

Similar to these bad boys

http://www.ragemotorsport.com/

ScottyB

Edited by ScottyRB320

Ill be there on saturday.

Have been to quite a few hot marques. U will see a lot of familiar faces. Most of the SE guys who attend the SIDC days will be there. Especially if its dry.

I would not say the pace is significantly quicker than the SIDC days, you do get the mega power bruce's taxis and the odd high powered porker i.e. 600+ hp. I do find the driving standards not quite as high though. Always a lot of red flags. The elies and subaru owners are as well mannered as ever when it comes to moving for faster cars. This is often not the case for the other cars. They do not make such a big deal about letting faster cars through as john does at the briefing.

Scott

Ill be there on saturday.

Have been to quite a few hot marques. U will see a lot of familiar faces. Most of the SE guys who attend the SIDC days will be there. Especially if its dry.

I would not say the pace is significantly quicker than the SIDC days, you do get the mega power bruce's taxis and the odd high powered porker i.e. 600+ hp. I do find the driving standards not quite as high though. Always a lot of red flags. The elies and subaru owners are as well mannered as ever when it comes to moving for faster cars. This is often not the case for the other cars. They do not make such a big deal about letting faster cars through as john does at the briefing.

Scott

Cheers Scott, hopefully talk to you on Saturday :D

I will probably be there too and will look in - you probably wont know me but may have seen me at these things before.

the hot marques are good fun, i used to go to them religously when there was a big Honda Civic type r following and i had a classic scooby. seen some tasty cars best was a Noble which spun coming round the

hairpin then did a 360 to face the right way back up the track before the other cars came round the hairpin.

nice. ;-)