The New-look Jw340

Got to say I ain't the biggest fan of stickers. Some look good, some just don't.

But I like it. :icon_salut:

I love the bold approach, break the mould. B)B)

The orange wheels definitely round the look off, some good suggestions by Gus and Grant there too.

Certainly won't have any doubts about who's car I just passed anyway. :beer:

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the bold approach, break the mould. B)B)

Certainly won't have any doubts about who's car I just passed anyway. :beer:

Thanks - that's the whole point, just to try and be a bit more individual without going over the top. As I said before, blue with gold wheels, Cusco and really graphics do look good, but loads of people have them. I used to get people telling me they saw me here or there when I wasn't where they thought I was. Plus, there was another car in Castlemilk not even a mile away from my house who had full rally graphics. It was time for a change :icon_salut:

What about something like this John, in orange but with JW340 instead of the porsche writing?

If it's something you would be interested in i can have it made up for cheap.

Lemme know :icon_salut:

Might be Gaz, how cheap and could I see the artwork before it's made up just to see if I like it?

I actually think it looks pretty smart mate, the orange and blue go better than I thought they would.

I respect the fact that you are trying to break the mould graphic wise, rather than just going with the Rally Decals (which do look good tho) :icon_salut: and instead trying something different. Like others have said though I aint to sure bout the "Shake & Bake" thing, maybe a McRae Tribute or something in its place would look good B)

Cheers

James

I've got to ask, what does the JW340 stand for?

I asume that JW is for John Welsh and that 340 is how many bhp it's currentlymaking. If that's right will you not have to update them every time you mod the car?

Yeah. I have no immediate plans for power upgrades at the moment so wouldn't need to change it, but even when it gets to changing it, they come off easy and replacements are pretty cheap.

Boydies pic looks spot on john....orange wheels...i told you that would work :icon_salut: ,mibbies ditch the tein and AFR graphics,you could mibbies get some made up in orange and put them on the rear door pillars,with brembo,whiteline etc.

Yeah, I think I will ditch those other graphics. I will get some more orange and put it along the bottom of the doors and put the JW340 graphics that I have left over on top of them.

Colin, see here: http://www.btccinfo.co.uk/circuits/knockhill.html

Shake N Bake means... I have no idea! I seen it on the back of the Gumball 3000 STi car, see here: http://www.gumballsti.com/images/800-targa003A_resize.jpg

Thanks for the comments all :P

Each to their own, aint against graphics at all its just how you like them that makes all the difference. 'Shake n Bake' are what the two racing drivers are dub named in Talladega Nights!

I've got to ask, what does the JW340 stand for?

I asume that JW is for John Welsh and that 340 is how many bhp it's currentlymaking. If that's right will you not have to update them every time you mod the car?

I went through the same thought process when i named mine as well, but felt it should stay the same cause everyone knew the car, even though the power went up! Also, it did'nt sound right for some reason in changing it 'UK600', 'UK700'... 'UK500' had a nice ring to it, dunno why. Many a time someone came up to me and said "never knew they made a UK500". lol

In John's case everyone will have known it as JW340 for some time cause of the history of the car and the person, but i'd be inclined to keep as is, or think of something original, so that it can stay with it no matter what state of tune.

Well John... That certainly woke me up... :D

Very different and individual... I actually like it..Apart from the JW 340...

Boydie's post looks much better ..

I tift my hat to you sir for being different... :blush:

I have ordered the vinyl to do the band across the bottom and then I will remove the JW stuff from the door and put it in the orange band. :P

I have ordered the vinyl to do the band across the bottom and then I will remove the JW stuff from the door and put it in the orange band. :P

Awesome! Looking forward to seeing it. Hopefully see it sometime in person, i can't get in the college carpark. :blush: