Got The Whiteline Treatment Today

Went to Hypertech today Got rear ARB, Drop links front and rear, ALK and fast road geometry settings done and came home in what felt like a new car. Took as scenic a route home as possible to test things out but was limited due to volume of traffic. Bends though did feel significantly different. very flat and neutral with the back end feeling much more planted.looking forward to getting a real feel for it over the next few days. :rotfl: Thanks to Duncan and Duncan Jr, really nice guys too.

Went to Hypertech today Got rear ARB, Drop links front and rear, ALK and fast road geometry settings done and came home in what felt like a new car. Took as scenic a route home as possible to test things out but was limited due to volume of traffic. Bends though did feel significantly different. very flat and neutral with the back end feeling much more planted.looking forward to getting a real feel for it over the next few days. :D Thanks to Duncan and Duncan Jr, really nice guys too.

Excellent news Kevan :rotfl: you will notice a HUGE difference. and top service once again from Hypertech :o

Went to Hypertech today Got rear ARB, Drop links front and rear, ALK and fast road geometry settings done and came home in what felt like a new car. Took as scenic a route home as possible to test things out but was limited due to volume of traffic. Bends though did feel significantly different. very flat and neutral with the back end feeling much more planted.looking forward to getting a real feel for it over the next few days. :rotfl: Thanks to Duncan and Duncan Jr, really nice guys too.

Happy days! Excellent! Enjoy ma man.

Went to Hypertech today Got rear ARB, Drop links front and rear, ALK and fast road geometry settings done and came home in what felt like a new car. Took as scenic a route home as possible to test things out but was limited due to volume of traffic. Bends though did feel significantly different. very flat and neutral with the back end feeling much more planted.looking forward to getting a real feel for it over the next few days. :o Thanks to Duncan and Duncan Jr, really nice guys too.

will deffo feel like a different car now kevan

enjoy mate :rotfl:

Nice one Kevan!

Whats next on the mod list?

If you've done enough to yours how about buying some stuff for mine instead :o

Thanks chaps, got a couple of days off work so I'm going to have a wee play today.

Andy, probably a trip to Mr F next but got to do a fair number of extra shifts before that happens. Would love to help you out mate but I barely get away with doing my own. She who must be obeyed is watching closely :rotfl:

do you have coilovers or anything? or did you just go for the arb, alk, dr's?

My car is a blank canvas as far as suspension mods go, so wondering how to first approach it.

No coilovers mate, prodrive springs and what I got done yesterday. I don't do any track stuff so coilovers a bit ott for me.

Kevan

I have a basic understanding of what each item does, so I'll be the one to ask for those that are thinking it :

If someone would be so kind could you detail what each items purpose is, and going from least to all being done what is the suggested fitment order ? Things like "no point getting something done without something else being done at the same time" or "can get rear but not at same time necessary for front" would be great info. Thinking road use, track perhaps a little much.

Anti-Roll Bar front & rear.

Drop links front & rear.

Anti-Lift Kit.

Fast road geometry settings.

Lowering springs.

Anything else I may have missed.

Edited by C_WRX

hm,similar list as mine! did you go for the 24mm rear arb and how come no front arb? and can i be so cheeky as to enquiore how much roughly? p..m if you want

had the geometry done by hypertech and very impressed both with the settings and their workmanship,but cant seem to raise them via emil just now?

hm,similar list as mine! did you go for the 24mm rear arb and how come no front arb? and can i be so cheeky as to enquiore how much roughly? p..m if you want

had the geometry done by hypertech and very impressed both with the settings and their workmanship,but cant seem to raise them via emil just now?

Hi mate, 24mm rear,no front ARB as I don't do any track Front ARB makes the front too stiff imho. Will PM you costs

cheers Kevan

Edited by NKWRX
I have a basic understanding of what each item does, so I'll be the one to ask for those that are thinking it :

If someone would be so kind could you detail what each items purpose is, and going from least to all being done what is the suggested fitment order ? Things like "no point getting something done without something else being done at the same time" or "can get rear but not at same time necessary for front" would be great info. Thinking road use, track perhaps a little much.

Drop links front & rear.

Anti-Lift Kit.

Lowering springs.

Don't think I'm the guy to tell you any more than you already know but what I can tell is that these mods rock. Maybe Jimser, Fai17, The Squiggle, or Cusco kid people wuo really know their stuff can help you out there

Drop links front & rear.

Anti-Lift Kit.

Lowering springs.

Easy answer: fit them all :cussing::rotfl:

To give the answer that you really want ("detail what each items purpose is, and going from least to all being done what is the suggested fitment order") would probably require a good sized essay. Along with that, is the different writers' opinions and tastes, along with all the different models of cars and equipment brands/settings too, so a definitive answer is probably not possible.

Here is what I did for what its worth:

1. Droplinks front and rear fitted (cheapest mod), no noticable difference to handling but didn't have them on long enough before other handling mods were added.

2. Lowering springs (Tein). Huge difference in handling and look of the car. Also, the ride of the car was compromised, but much less body roll in corners - loved it!

2a Prodrive geometry settings at the same time as lowering springs and added to the better cornering performance noted in point 2.

3. Anti-Lift kit. Again, transfomed the handling, much better front end grip and faster turn in. Also balanced out the car in fast corners - no understeer - but still lost the backend once!

4. Removed Tein springs and fitted Tein Superstreet coilovers and downgraded to "fast road" geometry settings. Can't say there has been much of a difference between this and points 2 and 2a. I went for the fast-road set up as the Prodrive settings ran down the inner tread way too quickly for my liking. If the car loses grip and slides, then it does so with all four wheels in equal measure - lots of fun!

5. Rear ARB - wating on the call from Hypertech. I was advised by Duncan NOT to fit the front ARB until I try out the rear and see how it feels. He said that installing front and rear is to bring the car too near to a track car and would compromise everyday driving. If the front end is too stiff, i.e. less body roll, the car will "skip" across our bumpy roads while cornering at speed. A slightly softer front end will allow the car to aborb this and give better front grip under the circumstances. This will be a 24mm bar on the middle setting.

My findings, noted above, are all based on track-use. I can't say I have the bottle to really push the car to the limit on the open road, because if something goes wrong, then its in a field or in a tree - not good. The track has some nice gravel traps and tyre walls to save me, plus everyone is going in the same direction, so I push with a bit more confidence. :rotfl:

Conclusion:

As stated in the Introduction ( :rotfl: ) fit the lot! If nothing else, at least you have bragging rights, ... "Oh well my car has ..." :shutup:

Easy answer: fit them all :rolleyes::)

To give the answer that you really want ("detail what each items purpose is, and going from least to all being done what is the suggested fitment order") would probably require a good sized essay. Along with that, is the different writers' opinions and tastes, along with all the different models of cars and equipment brands/settings too, so a definitive answer is probably not possible.

Here is what I did for what its worth:

1. Droplinks front and rear fitted (cheapest mod), no noticable difference to handling but didn't have them on long enough before other handling mods were added.

2. Lowering springs (Tein). Huge difference in handling and look of the car. Also, the ride of the car was compromised, but much less body roll in corners - loved it!

2a Prodrive geometry settings at the same time as lowering springs and added to the better cornering performance noted in point 2.

3. Anti-Lift kit. Again, transfomed the handling, much better front end grip and faster turn in. Also balanced out the car in fast corners - no understeer - but still lost the backend once!

4. Removed Tein springs and fitted Tein Superstreet coilovers and downgraded to "fast road" geometry settings. Can't say there has been much of a difference between this and points 2 and 2a. I went for the fast-road set up as the Prodrive settings ran down the inner tread way too quickly for my liking. If the car loses grip and slides, then it does so with all four wheels in equal measure - lots of fun!

5. Rear ARB - wating on the call from Hypertech. I was advised by Duncan NOT to fit the front ARB until I try out the rear and see how it feels. He said that installing front and rear is to bring the car too near to a track car and would compromise everyday driving. If the front end is too stiff, i.e. less body roll, the car will "skip" across our bumpy roads while cornering at speed. A slightly softer front end will allow the car to aborb this and give better front grip under the circumstances. This will be a 24mm bar on the middle setting.

My findings, noted above, are all based on track-use. I can't say I have the bottle to really push the car to the limit on the open road, because if something goes wrong, then its in a field or in a tree - not good. The track has some nice gravel traps and tyre walls to save me, plus everyone is going in the same direction, so I push with a bit more confidence. :D

Conclusion:

As stated in the Introduction ( :P ) fit the lot! If nothing else, at least you have bragging rights, ... "Oh well my car has ..." :blush:

Much appreciated and good answer. Adds to what I (and others I'm sure) thought. Cheers.

So your drive about yesterday was more enjoyable ? (you mentioned no chance day fitted and you had time off yesterday!)

Had an absolute blast yesterday and last night. Got a lot of nice roads in Ayrshire some I know very well but I'm re-learning them now. Much later on the brakes and turn in SO much quicker. Just a more positive and confidence inspiring experience now. :rolleyes:

Kevan

I have all of the above fitted on my wagon and it is certainly a lot better for it although if it's a bit wet I can

still put the back end out. I was thinking it was down to the Pirelli's though? Still too much tread left before I

can go to Eagle or Toyo's.

With regards to the above quote, I was wondering if I'd notice a difference if I took the front ARB off?

A few times I've felt the front end 'slide' but maybe it has been skipping.

Also, although it has all these mods...when I'm going at say...90...(very occasionally and only in dire emergencies

of course!!! :rolleyes: ) the car does feel like it moves about a bit. Doesn't feel as planted as I thought it would/should?!

Any ideas? Wondered if it was just the suspension being stiff and I'm feeling all the bumps?

I have all of the above fitted on my wagon and it is certainly a lot better for it although if it's a bit wet I can

still put the back end out. I was thinking it was down to the Pirelli's though? Still too much tread left before I

can go to Eagle or Toyo's.

With regards to the above quote, I was wondering if I'd notice a difference if I took the front ARB off?

A few times I've felt the front end 'slide' but maybe it has been skipping.

Also, although it has all these mods...when I'm going at say...90...(very occasionally and only in dire emergencies

of course!!! :rolleyes: ) the car does feel like it moves about a bit. Doesn't feel as planted as I thought it would/should?!

Any ideas? Wondered if it was just the suspension being stiff and I'm feeling all the bumps?

Richie what you're experiencing sounds exactly to the letter why Duncan explained/suggested I should opt out of my original request of front and rear ARB. and so far the front of the car is spot on! might be worth a try changing your set up, you may be pleasantly surprised that for once less is more.

Kevan