New Track Car For 2008

Some of the older members on here might remember Scoobylav & myselves Scoobs and our move

to a dedicated track car.

2006 saw the Puggy 205 on track.

Puggy1.jpg

Total cost to buy the car / trailer / cage / nos and all other stuff approx £1K

We had a fair bit of fun competing against Adam & Fees 205 till we blew the engine with too much NOS

2007 Sold Puggy and trailer to fund new project

I have now purchased a part built Bright Orange Tiger Avon

Stripped Naked

hotshotimage.jpg

Pile of Bits made to look like a car

kit1.jpg

The good bits

kit9.jpg

The next year or so has seen me stripping this back down to component parts (was poorly put together)

and starting from scratch. I had lots of issues and delays - ECU and Wiring :mad:

Backofdash2.jpg

Throttlebodies.jpg

But last night saw her mapped at Wallace Performance by Russs (Cheers Russs, couldn't have done it without you :thumbup: )

and she is ready to go. Gonna be a bit of a handful and a steep learning curve on RWD handling :D

IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

Lots more details & pics on Trackscotland if anyones interested.

http://www.trackscotland.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=25

So look out for us on May 17th :wave:

Edited by Big Daz
Its not what you know and all that . . . . . . . .

Seriously it is a private airfield with three nice tarmac runways. Bit gravely at times off the racing line lol but 100 times better than somewhere like crail.

Yeah, and... Are you going to give us the heads-up on this secret location that we might test out cars too????

Yeah that was something that we were looking for last year, we were looking to have a day out, just Scottish Scoobies to book/hire/use something just like to that to get some high speed runs in...

Is this that kind of place that may allow this, or is it more a case of the odd car if you ask nicely...?

You can PM me that answer if you would prefer... :D

Good to see you have it going guys and a huge well done for the route you took. I am assuming you stuck to the megasquirt route? I know a few folk who gave up on that.

I would be interested to hear the full spec and setup if you are feeling generous. :D

Cheers for all the positive comments guys :lol: Its been a long road but I am finally are near the end :lol:

Good to see you have it going guys and a huge well done for the route you took. I am assuming you stuck to the megasquirt route? I know a few folk who gave up on that.

I would be interested to hear the full spec and setup if you are feeling generous. :lol:

Thanks Zeo, & just for you :D

Tiger Avon in luvvly orange

Engine moved back 2.5" for better balance

5 speed type 9 Ford box with westfield extension & quickshift.

Floor mounted pedals / oil catch can / fibreglass race seats / nothing heavy

2.0 16V Zetec

lightened flywheel

Solid Rod clutch engagement

GSXR 1000 throttle body conversion

Stainless steel 4-1 exhaust - heat wrapped

Megasquirt fully programmable ECU (has launch control & NOS control for future :iagree: ) with full datalogging.

Conservative map running V Power & 10% Methanol :banana2: - Allows us to increase bhp as skill level does :D

Adjustable brake bias valve

Full set of slicks for "dry" knockhill days

approx 526kg wet weight

I will prob add to this as I remember more stuff

Cheers

Daz

Edited by Big Daz
It is an airport that is in use for light aircraft so we can only get on very early or very late in the day. It hasnt got a massively long runway so high speed runs over a mile or so would be out of the question. We get to use it as a favour as we know the guy who manages the airport. I will ask the question to see if they would consider doing something for us when we go this weekend. I will also get dimensions of the runways so you can decide if it is big enough.

Cross yer fingers.

Legend!!! :D