Thanks To Dunc & His Team @ Hypertech

Thanks to Dunc & his team over in Hypertech in Bonnybridge - 01324 812 212.

Got the car MOT'd, got the fast road geometry settings on (the Prodrive settings were scrubbing the inner shoulders of my front tyres too quickly) and he fitted a replacement standard recirc BOV this afternoon. Thanks to scoobymark for dropping off the spare one he had kicking about in his shed. :D

Total bill - £100.

Dunc's new car looks to be a belter too!

• 2 weeks later...

This is good to read.

I have finally started to 'tweak' my '02 WRX wagon and to compliment the T1-Rs on dark grey 18s (I keep going out to look at it! LOL), it's going to Hypertech for their 'fast road' geometry settings, which a friend tells me will have it 'handling like a dream'.... :)

Great to hear that Hypertech are highly rated.

Edited by Fraser

Hi Oobster, fortuitous timing with your post. I got Prodrve spring kit fitted at S+S just yesterday and did not get the geometry setting for that exact reason i.e tyre wear. The car feels immediately significantly better on the springs alone so would you recommend the Hypertech fast road settings as the way to go as I feel it's a job only half done so far?

Cheers Kevan

To be fair Kevan, I've only driven the car back from Hypertech, then over to them again (to get something else done) and back home again.

I'll be taking it out for a spin later hopefully, and i'll let you know my opinion on what their set-up is like.

To be fair Kevan, I've only driven the car back from Hypertech, then over to them again (to get something else done) and back home again.

I'll be taking it out for a spin later hopefully, and i'll let you know my opinion on what their set-up is like.

Thanks, look forward to your report :)

Got my car going in to there tomorrow for MOT - also considering getting some Whiteline parts fitted - what's the best first mod? I'm thinking ARB or anti-lift? I already have Tein springs. The car is handling very nicely now with the 17's. Not sure if it needs Geometry done again as Al had it done to Prodrive settings not too long ago.

Any advice?

Edited by pmacFTO
Got my car going in to there tomorrow - also considering getting some Whiteline parts fitted - what's the best first mod? I'm thinking ARB or anti-lift?

Any advice?

I can't really comment given that I don't have uprated ARBs, but I do have the ALK and it makes a big difference, bye bye understeer, hello really grippy front end. I got this after I got the suspension dropped and droplinks fitted. Made a huge difference on the track.

btw - what time do they open? The wife is gonna take me thru 1st thing then dropping me into work but not sure if I can put the keys thru Hypertech's door or not? If they open at 10 or so I can just get a workmate to follow me thru to drop the car off.

Hi Oobster, fortuitous timing with your post. I got Prodrve spring kit fitted at S+S just yesterday and did not get the geometry setting for that exact reason i.e tyre wear. The car feels immediately significantly better on the springs alone so would you recommend the Hypertech fast road settings as the way to go as I feel it's a job only half done so far?

Cheers Kevan

Well I gave the car a bit of stick on the way up to the meet tonight on a B-road that I used to travel daily for over 8 years, and I noticed that the turn-in on the new settings was better than the prodrive settings I had previously. I think there is more of the contact patch of the tyre on the tarmac with the new settings, so even the slightest touch of the steering wheel seems to result in the car responding quicker than before.

It's worth noting that I did fit a front set of Toyo T1R's recently, replacing the T1S I had on there before (the inner shoulders on them wore out). So perhaps some of the difference was down to the new tyres. I've done very little mileage in the scoob since the start of December as i've been using the Mrs car (she's on maternity leave) so that in combination with the crappy winter weather means I never really got the chance to 'evaluate' the T1R's.

Unfortunately I never drove my car with the springs on & the geometry untouched so I don't know how much difference the springs alone made.

I'd recommend giving it a couple of weeks driving with the springs done, then maybe give Dunc a shout - it's only £55 after all, so it's not a fortune if you only notice a small improvement. It all depends how fast your hammering it I suppose.

Well I gave the car a bit of stick on the way up to the meet tonight on a B-road that I used to travel daily for over 8 years, and I noticed that the turn-in on the new settings was better than the prodrive settings I had previously. I think there is more of the contact patch of the tyre on the tarmac with the new settings, so even the slightest touch of the steering wheel seems to result in the car responding quicker than before.

It's worth noting that I did fit a front set of Toyo T1R's recently, replacing the T1S I had on there before (the inner shoulders on them wore out). So perhaps some of the difference was down to the new tyres. I've done very little mileage in the scoob since the start of December as i've been using the Mrs car (she's on maternity leave) so that in combination with the crappy winter weather means I never really got the chance to 'evaluate' the T1R's.

Unfortunately I never drove my car with the springs on & the geometry untouched so I don't know how much difference the springs alone made.

I'd recommend giving it a couple of weeks driving with the springs done, then maybe give Dunc a shout - it's only £55 after all, so it's not a fortune if you only notice a small improvement. It all depends how fast your hammering it I suppose.

Thanks for that Oobster, I had a big grin on whilst reading that. :) I'll give the springs a couple of weeks to settle down and then I'll be heading to Bonnybridge!!!