Toyo T1 R, T1 S? I Dunno...

I wouldn't feel comfortable using different tyres front and rear of an AWD car. Different grip levels and performance are offered by different tyres therefore consistency would be compromised. I don't suppose it would matter if you are not pushing the car. But, like you, what do I know about cars and tyres!

T1-R wear much better than T1-S. My 03 STI would wear the outer edges of the S in 9 months, the R's are wearing much better due to the harder compounds\edges etc...

I wouldn't like to have mixed tyres on my car. You might find the car a tad tail happy with grippy rubber on the front and worns on the rear.

I use T1-S's and they seem to be fine wet and dry, good overall tyre!

T1-R's are the T1-S replacement with the extra groove in the outside of the tred...so in theory should be better!

Eagle F1's are a great all round tyre also as Westra vouches for them (never tried them myself but will do at some point)

Rich

• 2 months later...
T1-R wear much better than T1-S. My 03 STI would wear the outer edges of the S in 9 months, the R's are wearing much better due to the harder compounds\edges etc...

I wouldn't like to have mixed tyres on my car. You might find the car a tad tail happy with grippy rubber on the front and worns on the rear.

Holly thread resurrection batman!

Similar dilema - 03 WRX, done about 17K on a set of T1S with the prodrive settings on the suspension.

Driving home from work today and the inner shoulder of one of the fronts blows (fortunately only at 20mph) so i've ordered two new T1R tyres (£100 each, fitted and balanced from B Swift, Whitburn).

I take it it'll be fine to have two half-worn T1S on the rear and two brand-new T1R on the front?

Only my 2nd puncture in 18 years, not bad going. Tyre was ruined though, sidewall was no longer attached at some points!

Oh - and for those that want a laugh - split the erse right oot ma jeans when bending down to have a look at the punctured tyre.

Two new tyres : £200

New Pair of Jeans : £30

Standing ootside B Swift with my erse hingin oot - priceless.

Edited by oobster