NEW 2008 STi...... IT'S GOING TO BE GREAT

A change of heart really looking forward to the new model, the 08 STi and not the "WRX" version.

Not that I'm regarded as having taste, I bought a (bugeye) MY02STiUKPPP and loved that. Mind you I didn't buy that because it was an Oil Painting but because of WRC and it' performance wink.gif

Some people have ordered a JDM "STi" version for December. But I am going to wait till Spring 08, I've been told that the UK version will not be a watered down JDM version and some important cosmetic changes wink.gif

There has been so many pessimistic threads about the 2008 STi (I have contributed to some) With my optimistic head on thought it was time we had a Positive thread. biggrin.gif

Am I the only person here that is willing to believe in the new model, after all everyones slated the UK STi before seeing or even driving it wink.gif

Tony

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will need to look a darn sight better than the WRX does, I cant see that selling much[+o(]

Standard concensious [;)] rumour of a Prodrive Facelift (like the 02STi) is in order I can't see the UK mob settling for a "Grille"

Tony, iam going to wait for a special 1 [:)]

Got a delivery date for it?

Tony

Our local dealer, Culverwells, is getting an 08 for just one day on August 17th for public viewing.  I am told that it looks a lot better in the flesh. I must say that if the STI looks like the magazine shots, assuming they are real, then I would certainly consider one.  Especially without the egg box grille.  I'm cautiously optimistic.

Or a 08 STI Spec C ra ltd.

now that sounds nice [Y]

[Y] That sounds very nice, but doubt it will be out before Christmas 08

Apparently Subaru Oz have already changed the grille to a black mesh type!

Correct [:D] apparently the 08STiUK may be Prodrive style'd like the 02STiUK was [H]

Tony

Or a 08 STI Spec C ra ltd.

now that sounds nice [Y]

[Y] That sounds very nice, but doubt it will be out before Christmas 08

Apparently Subaru Oz have already changed the grille to a black mesh type!

Well i will just have to wait then.

Correct [:D] apparently the 08STiUK may be Prodrive style'd like the 02STiUK was [H]

Tony

Nige, Andy, maybe we'll see [:D][:P]

Like the WR1 but ain't ever foing to gell with it like the P1, Deb won't drive it unless she has to, seen as she does most of the miles for work it would be nice to have something we both enjoy driving [:P][:D]

Like the WR1 but ain't ever foing to gell with it like the P1, Deb won't drive it unless she has to, seen as she does most of the miles for work it would be nice to have something we both enjoy driving [:P][:D]

Oh yes mate.

Oh yes mate.

I might be able to persuade Paul to treat me[:D]