Shell V-power Club

You go and get a regular Drivers Club Card from a Shell garage and everytime you top up you collect points, once you have bought the required ammount to join V-Power you automaticly upgrade and get a nice V-Power card

But I have to say there pretty useless doing that as I made enough points in 6weeks to join and it took nearly a year to be upgraded, called and moaned but got the normal useless call centre people that read from a script and get lost if you have something other than what they have in front of them. I had given up on it and one day it just turned up

the website is also useless, I registered my new card and it said please wait 48hours before logging in again, left it a week and it said the same, its now been 5months and it still keeps saying please wait 48 hours before logging in!

on the Plus side I have so far been sent £80 worth of Agros vouchers which I used to by a couple of PS3 games to waste my free time on,,,,,,I can highly reccomend Call of Duty 4!

i can't get any joy with upgrading from shell club card to the v power one, they say do it on tinet....buggered if i can find the bit where you click on :D how long did it take you to get your first reward then david?...how much you spend a week? .. and btw..it's 111.9p here now (clacton-essex) :D:rotfl:

mark (on the verge of getting a diesel) B)

£1.169 in Northampton at the weekend!

I stuck with Tesco 99 for £1.099

:thumbup:

had to use total earlier coz i left it too late and that was 115.9 !!...only put a tenner in..just enough to get me to shell in morning.. and why is tesco now the same price as shell?!!... gonna get car re-mapp for terps substitute i think.

How do i go about joining this?

I've alrady got a Drivers Club card and strangely I recently emailed them to see about trasnferring to the V-Power Club.. They emailed me back today asking for DOB and postcode to confirm my details and they woudl look into it for me..

SOunds promising.. I'll let you know what happens...

Did no one try the link I posted?

I did... but that was only for registering a new card.. and I already have one and was hoping to transfer the points from my drivers club to a V-Power club rather than starting from scratch again on a V-Power card.

Just to make sure, I typed my card number in anyway and it said already registered, please contact us blah blah...

Ok.. here's the official reply from Shell:

Shell reserves the rights to select members to be upgraded to Shell V-Power Club when at least 150 litres of Shell V-Power plus 150 litres of any other Shell fuel (or more Shell V-Power) in one quarter.

The upgrade is by invitation only and the selected members will be sent a card automatically as soon as their accounts qualify.

Soo... basically davidathomas42 was spot on!

Edited by ScoUK
i can't get any joy with upgrading from shell club card to the v power one, they say do it on tinet....buggered if i can find the bit where you click on :D how long did it take you to get your first reward then david?...how much you spend a week? .. and btw..it's 111.9p here now (clacton-essex) :D :D

mark (on the verge of getting a diesel) :D

Took me about 15months to get first reward for some reason? I average about £150 per week on fuel at the moment, more some weeks when I do some commuting to cornwall from sheffield to see family.

still trying to get access to the v-power site,, really is not happining.

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I'd ressurect this one from a couple weeks back.

Seems if you dont ask you don't get... This morning I got a letter from shell..

"Congratulations we have moved you up to teh V-Power club!" Woohooo!!!

Now is that just luck or is it because I asked them how to get upgraded a couple weeks back.. Either way cheaper fuel for me! (*well with cashback at least)

Just thought I'd ressurect this one from a couple weeks back.

Seems if you dont ask you don't get... This morning I got a letter from shell..

"Congratulations we have moved you up to teh V-Power club!" Woohooo!!!

Now is that just luck or is it because I asked them how to get upgraded a couple weeks back.. Either way cheaper fuel for me! (*well with cashback at least)

let me know if you manage to sign into there Vpower part of the site,,, I have not tried for a few weeks after giving us from months of trying.

let me know if you manage to sign into there Vpower part of the site,,, I have not tried for a few weeks after giving us from months of trying.

Hmm,.. your right.. doesn't let me in either ... Even asking for a new password it says "invalid user" D'oh!

£1.169 in Northampton at the weekend!

I stuck with Tesco 99 for £1.099

:thumbup:

I use Tesco 99 - Am i on the wrong tracks - but is this not one of the higest Octane petrols you can buy on the forcourt ! Yes I know its "" TESCO "" but is it really that bad or not ?

I use Tesco 99 - Am i on the wrong tracks - but is this not one of the higest Octane petrols you can buy on the forcourt ! Yes I know its "" TESCO "" but is it really that bad or not ?

I have no clue on the quality of fuel but i do belive that if Ferrari are willing to put there name to the fuel there might be something in it, there both 99octane, Duracel make LR6 Battries and so do other compnays but Duracel's are just better all round. could not think of another example.

it could be argued that Shell is better quality as they are a oil company and tesco make cheap houshold goods.. Shell have spent years refining their fuels, tesco haven't...

Is saying that you probably wont go wrong with filling up with Tesco 99 It wouldn't get the 99 octane rating if it wasn't up to scratch.. But you ar possibly more likely to get abad batch from now and again. V-Power if probably going to be more consistent.. and possibly a touch better quality.

In sayign that, at the end of the day TEsco 99 is much cheaper than V-Power for much the same quality as fuel. My closes Tesco99 is over an hours drive away to I fill up with V-Power.. But I woudl consider T99 if it was local..

BTW - Managed to login to the V-Power site no problem today and get access to everything... Only concern is that the points from my drivers card don't seem to get transferred over :thumbup: Oh well, triple points until march :thumbup:

After getting my second Drivers Club statement, I knew I was buying more than enough fuel

so I e-mailed them asking what else I'm supposed to do and they replied saying that they

had checked and were sending me my V Power card!

Maybe if you don't ask you won't get? Well, not as quickly as you should.

Oh well, triple points until march

Ah, that's what I thought too Al.

For anyone that's missed the promotion, Shell have posters up stating triple points for V-Power sales and double points for other fuels. Started sometime in January(?) and ends on 5th March 08.

However, just checked my V-Power club statement online and all transactions for January and February to date are as normal i.e. double for V-Power or point per litre for others. Plan to check with the staff at Keith garage next time I'm in to see the details of the promotion and maybe get a copy before mouthing off to Shell about it.

As for getting the V-Power upgrade, I was also eligible about December 06 but no amount of emails or calls got any sense out of them. The usual "it's an automated system and you'll get a card if and when you qualify" was all they'd say. No amount of highlighting the purchase evidence on my account and statements made any difference. I then forgot about it and bu99er me it turned up out of the blue in November 07 and I've had the red card induced swagger from the pumps ever since.

Edited by Scooby Doom