Shell V-power Club

Got my V-Power card the other day in the post without doing anything (except buy ridiculous amounts of V-power). :iagree:

I joined up to the Shell Drivers Club in October '07 and since then I have purchased about a tank (60 litres) of V-Power per week. Thats about 900 litres to date at a cost of £963 (at £1.07 per litre).

That has earned me a grand total in rewards of..........................£9. :iagree::wave::thumbup::o

I got my card in through the post on Friday, had signed up to the Drivers Club back in June after getting the scoob.

Funny thing is I haven't really been near a Shell since the start of the year, been filling up at my local Tesco using their 99 stuff so came as a bit of a surprise! :thumbup:

reading this thread prompted me to login to see how many points I've built up.... and got the error

"You have inserted an invalid password and/or card number"

strange....... as I've had the V Power card since August 2006 and been able to view my statements online last year.

I've re-registered and now need to wait 48 hours before I can get in :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

just to bring this back to life,I logged in and had a look at my statement and it makes no sense whatsoever,there are even 10 points for putting in 9 ltrs of normal unleaded, I wish. :P My car would not be happy on such a low quality/quantity of petrol. :rotfl: my car is an aloholic with very expensive tastes :rolleyes:

Edited by burns
  • 1 month later...
Thats about 900 litres to date at a cost of £963 (at £1.07 per litre).

That has earned me a grand total in rewards of..........................£9. :D;);):blush:

oh, geez its worth it then :o:lol:

Shell reserves the rights to select members to be upgraded to Shell V-Power Club when at least 150 litres of Shell V-Power plus 150 litres of any other Shell fuel (or more Shell V-Power) in one quarter.

so judging by the above statement

you need to use at least 300 litres of V power in 1 quarter (3 months) thats 100 litres per month.

300 x £1.16 = £348

I suppose thats achievable if you do a lot of mileage. On a avg a litre of fuel will push a scooby about 8 miles. 300 x 8 = 2400

what worries me is wot do Tesco put in it :o

look at the fiasco with all the dodgy fuel some time ago, that involved Tesco forecourts didnt it

Edited by pezzar
oh, geez its worth it then ;):blush:

so judging by the above statement

you need to use at least 300 litres of V power in 1 quarter (3 months) thats 100 litres per month.

300 x £1.16 = £348

I suppose thats achievable if you do a lot of mileage. On a avg a litre of fuel will push a scooby about 8 miles. 300 x 8 = 2400

what worries me is wot do Tesco put in it ;)

look at the fiasco with all the dodgy fuel some time ago, that involved Tesco forecourts didnt it

What figures you useing there? 1L to do 8miles works out at 36.3mpg! i could not get that in mine with the engine switched off!

at best if I run only on the motorway at 60mph touching the throttle like it was wired to a bomb i might just scrape 30mpg, but on average with normal motorway driving around the limit I get 25mpg at best

What figures you useing there? 1L to do 8miles works out at 36.3mpg! i could not get that in mine with the engine switched off!

at best if I run only on the motorway at 60mph touching the throttle like it was wired to a bomb i might just scrape 30mpg, but on average with normal motorway driving around the limit I get 25mpg at best

;):blush:;)

I have just registered for a Shell drivers club card as I fill up about 3 times a week. As I have a company van and fill it with diesel each time would that make a difference to what fuel voucher I would recieve?

I have noticed some garages are selling V Power diesel, does anyone know if this is any good?

I have just registered for a Shell drivers club card as I fill up about 3 times a week. As I have a company van and fill it with diesel each time would that make a difference to what fuel voucher I would recieve?

I have noticed some garages are selling V Power diesel, does anyone know if this is any good?

Filling the van will build points and points make prizes, you just get double points with V-Power, not sure about the mucky oil stuff though, I hear it is good for Diesal cars, high powered Audi turbo ones etc,,, not sure about work horses if you would see a difference though.

but you will def get more points so collect away, I just got another couple of cash vouchers for Agros last week, thats £60 in total I think so far, so its def worth collecting rather than giving it all back.

Filling the van will build points and points make prizes, you just get double points with V-Power, not sure about the mucky oil stuff though, I hear it is good for Diesal cars, high powered Audi turbo ones etc,,, not sure about work horses if you would see a difference though.

but you will def get more points so collect away, I just got another couple of cash vouchers for Agros last week, thats £60 in total I think so far, so its def worth collecting rather than giving it all back.

Thanks mate

I have opted for fuel vouchers but could I change the reward to something else in the future?

yes, i was over estimating as the STI with 6 speed box is supposed to be able to return 33mpg extra urban, in reality its a lot less than that isnt it :o

maybe thats your answer, leave the engine switched off and have a friend tow you around :D

dont forget uncle Alistairs nice tax increases too to really cripple you :brickwall: