Abingdon Air + Country Show 3rd May

Hi all

Just to let you know, Craigy has just posted up that he has been offered spaces at the Abingdon Air + Country show for 10-15 cars and has asked if we would like to fill these spaces.

I for one think that given the great success of the last club attendance of the show organised by Craigy it would be too good an oportunity to miss.

Here is a link to the website for the show..... Abingdon Air + Country show Website

If you are interested in attending please add your names to the list below.

1. Big 'D' and co

etc

Cheers Iain

And a big thanks to Craigy :rotfl:

Edited by Big 'D'
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shirley and myself are up for it but the car is not show standard

All scoobs are welcome Tony, show prepared cars or factory standard, all that I would ask is that we all wash/polish our cars so that they are sparkly on the day ;)

Cheers Iain

Edited by Big 'D'
All scoobs are welcome Tony, show prepared cars or factory standard, all that I would ask is that we all wash/polish our cars so that they are sparkly on the day :laughing4:

Cheers Iain

You should have my car looking smart by then, hopefully with rear spoiler too :thumbup:

Count me in.

1. Big 'D' and co

2. Stum450n et al

3.Garry / wife

4.Andy and Broody Half ;)

Andy

Engines not too bad, may have a go at shining it up but ill leave the posh blue silicon off. Tho maybe Iain might paint everything blue for me as well under the bonnet.

Trust me yours will look dirty on the day ;)

Andy

p.s Worth paying the membership you get some ruddy good discounts. Oh and a sticker or 2 to tart up ya type-R...

just brought some new stickers for fog covers and screens in a nice sti pink.but still need that important one "SIDC" then i wont look to bad. :laughing4:

will try and get card off other half, or ask for a advance on b'day. :thumbup:

wish i had the blue silicone so you win that one. ;)

We went to this last year and had a cracking day out.. even if the weather was crap. LOL

Hope you don't mind us putting our names down again?

1. Big 'D' and co

2. Stum450n et al

3.Garry / wife

4.Andy and Broody Half

5.scoobyboo and winnie

6.Bailey73 & Family

its a first come first serve basis so im gonna put woodcote in if you dont mind as inm working on a possible extra 5 spacing so could have a 20 car stand, fingers crossed, this is due to the intrest shown in the threads so far. many thanks for your interest by the way folks.

as for the cleniness of your cars dont go to mad as there is no show and shine however it was nice to see them all gleem last year? in regaurds of cleaning products were asked not to have shampoo on the grass so clean your car pria then mayby a wipe down/tidy up on the morning at the show, this is a grass area as the stand but has never bogged out yet so no panicing.

1. Big 'D' and co

2. Stum450n et al

3.Garry / wife

4.Andy and Broody Half

5.scoobyboo and winnie

6.Bailey73 & Family

7.woodcote

you most certainly are i went to find out today

Although I am sure you will go through all this closer to the time. Not having been to something like this as part of a club.

Do we still buy tickets for the event or is this a free thing for us to go into and we do a donation after. Or do the club pay as a whole.

Also be nice to meet somewhere early and convoy to the event all together, imagine the noise of 20 of us going through Abingdon town ;)

Andy

Last year we met at Abingdon Tesco car park and convoyed through behind Craigy. Think the entrance fee was £10 but Craigy got us reduced rates of a fiver for driver + 1 passenger - had to get the cash to him in advance though!

Craigy - put us on your list fella, we're supposed to be marshaling that weekend, but can't chose between A1GP / FIA GT / Britcar or Rallycross - so sod it, we'll have the day off and enjoy ourselves at the airshow again ;)

Cheers, David & Chrissy

Last year we met at Abingdon Tesco car park and convoyed through behind Craigy. Think the entrance fee was £10 but Craigy got us reduced rates of a fiver for driver + 1 passenger - had to get the cash to him in advance though!

Craigy - put us on your list fella, we're supposed to be marshaling that weekend, but can't chose between A1GP / FIA GT / Britcar or Rallycross - so sod it, we'll have the day off and enjoy ourselves at the airshow again :guinness:

Cheers, David & Chrissy

Ed and i please - will put up in south west for you as well

Although I am sure you will go through all this closer to the time. Not having been to something like this as part of a club.

Do we still buy tickets for the event or is this a free thing for us to go into and we do a donation after. Or do the club pay as a whole.

Also be nice to meet somewhere early and convoy to the event all together, imagine the noise of 20 of us going through Abingdon town :guinness:

Andy

we have to pay for the event but like hairy dj says last year i got reduced prices so im working on that again, and i will sort the convoy out again(lead car being my mondeo)

all is in hand and all will be revealed as and when i get info for you all

quality, im working on 20 spaces but at the moment its 15 so five spaces left

cheers

1. Big 'D' and co

2. Stum450n et al

3.Garry / wife

4.Andy ( WhisperUK )and Broody Half

5.scoobyboo and winnie

6.Bailey73 & Family

7.Woodcote

8.HairyDJ

9. SP & Ed