Photos from Fintray Hillclimb, Sunday 13th May 2007

Thanks!

I was using a Canon 400D with a Canon 70-200 F4 lens. At 200mm it wasn't quite long enough for some of the early distant shots, and at 70mm I couldn't get the whole car in at the closest point to the track, so hence a lot have only part of the car in shot [:)]

Shot everything in raw, then ran through Lightroom to produce the gallery. 97% of the photos are just the way they came out of the camera with no post-processing at all, but I've adjusted a few of the better ones in Lightroom for exposure etc.

John

LOL - my dad's idea of panning is sifting through mud and grit in highland streams and rivers looking for flecks of gold [:)]

ahhh so thats why youve always got new cars lol [:D] i just bought a canon 350D my last time at home, maybe you and 4hero can give me a few tips at knockers on the 26th or next weekend at the sprint championship thingy if any of you are going, i might have a wee run down to get to grips with the camera weather providing [;)]

I'm still trying to learn how to use my own camera, but happy to pass on any help I can. I went along on Sunday and tried various different settings, and reviewed what worked and what didn't on the LCD screen.

I ended up using it in Tv mode, with the speed set to 1/100th - 1/150th, and ISO of 100 - 400 depending on how much light there was at the time, as faster the shutter speeds I started off with didn't give enough of an impression of movement.

John

Took over 400 hundred photos on Sunday, trying to learn how to pan moving objects. The vast majority aren't that great, but I did get lucky with a few. The one below is my favourite!

www.hallforest.co.uk/fintray for the remainder.

John

More

IMG_2771.jpg

John

Did you not get any of John St on saturday sitting stopped reading the paper waiting for the EVo's to catch up. [:P]

Archie,

afraid not - could only make it along on the Sunday.

Rob - you'll have to get your finger out and get the photos posted up - you should have more "keepers" than me, as my lens was a bit long for the close up shots and deleted loads of half cars [:D]

John