The return from the Germany WRC

Just thought I'd start a new thread so we can all post our thoughts and pictures from the trip.

Pete, a massive THANK YOU mate for organising an amazing package. All the hard work paid off, I'd probably go as far as saying it was better than last year. It was good to meet some new faces, Aston (Raidon), Alistair, John (Gunther), Charlie (There goes Charlies Big ends), Gordon (P1 Gordon), Brin, Patricia, Antionette, Rich, Ray (Barmy Badger, A Legend in his own right).... All top class people and lovely cars! But I hope the Z4 took a good pouning before it went back! 

Alan (Sped) Your car mate just keeps getting better, oh and faster... I'm supprised the police caught up with you mate! pmsl!

As soon as I get my pictures developed....all 7 rolls of film...I'll post up them up

But here are a couple to wet your appitite.

WRC1.jpg

WRC2.jpg

WRC3.jpg

WRC4.jpg

WRC5.jpg

WRC6.jpg

WRC7.jpg

WRC8.jpg

WRC9.jpg

WRC10.jpg

WRC11.jpg

WRC12.jpg

WRC13.jpg

WRC14.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After a quick password reset, I see I'm still a member of the forum despite several years of inactivity!

Just want to say a HUGE thanks to everyone who was there this weekend for making me feel so welcome and making it probably the best WRC event I've been to (even if the result was pants!) [;)]

I'll get my pictures online ASAP!

Thanks,

Alastair (Al).

LOL on the first day they tried to wave Pete into service. He bottled it and said he was parking elsewhere. Would love to have seen the mechanics faces if he turned up at service LOL

I got waved through a few checkpoints (recce/gravel car lookalike?) or more likely, my rugged good looks [;)]

They were a bit more on the case the following days. However on one occasion they let us park in the VIP enclosure as we had followed the WRC cars day after day. It became clear we were really no trouble so In we went.

Me and Alastair got waved right up to a stage. We only had to walk 10 foot to the fence line. Next year will see more antenna's and maybe a lamp pod. Lets see what we can get away with then.

Yeah, they were definately less draconian than previous years!

Also, not forgetting all the free parking we got using the "We're Subaru VIP, we don't have to pay!" blag [;)]

Still, the stage marshalling was as abismal as usual! I don't know where they find them, but they have absolutely no idea about what a mashall's job is - they just seem to think they're there to have the best spectator spots! They just have whistles to make them look more official! [:@]