PPS Powder Coating Hit The Back Of The Net Again

Having had the OEM wheels on my last car refurbished there before i sold it i knew they'd do a decent job of the OZ Superturismos i bought a few months back. When i picked them up i discovered one of them was cracked, so first stop was Julian at Turriff Tyres who had the wheel welded and straightened out the flat spots. From there it was off to PPS who gave them a nice coat of anthracite.

From this...

may061.jpg

may062.jpg

To this...

oz_wheels.jpg

I think the finish in the picture speaks volumes. As well as the crack the wheels also had some light kerb marks and these have now disappeared. I dropped off a box of odds and sods to be powder coated along with the wheels and they were turned around to the same high standard.

The wheels themselves around 3kg heavier than the ultra-light OZ Superleggeras but they're the exact wheels i wanted and now they're in lovely condition too. I just hope the weld holds out once i've saved up to put some sticky tyres on!

There should be no question about the weld holding out, indeed the welded bit should be the strongest bit of the wheel now!!! thats the whole point you find that welded pieces dont ever AT the weld, but always around it...

providing of course that the weld was done properly.... [;)]

I agree, in my mind the weld should be the strongest part. It was done by a pro who does this sort of thing for a living so it should be fine. Although as an extra precaution it will be going on the back.

Unfortunately it may be a while before they get rubbered up as a long overdue holiday is really the priority now.

Best to call (01467 621907) for prices etc as i paid for other stuff to be done at the same time so not sure how much the wheels alone cost.