which car?

Dont think much of your shortlist there Gumball.

Merc = Taxi

Audi - Look good but not a drivers car at all, slow, heavy, expensive. An RS4 is different but 50k will be out your budget?!

Ford ST- I quite like these and 2 of my mates have them, but will drop in value like a....scoob!

BMW - Bit bland, not very quick unless you get an M3.

Have you thought about a BMW M roadster? Boxster S? BMW Z4? An older Audi RS4? Clio V6 225?

The latest C that my dad has drives nicely. The earlier ones of this current generation drive like total dogs. I think the reason is because it has the sport pack.

Get one with the 6.3 AMG block in it. That's not going to be slow you'd imagine.

the scoob will go, the normal car will come in...........another scoob for fun will be gotten a short while later.

i want something that isnt too quick for normal driving and license retention that looks tidy.

a stripped out RA will then be order of the day for KH, Crail etc

Chris, I would go for the very first car in all your choices, but you will have to watch the speed bumps as they will take the front off, plus I heard the MPG is a bit OTT.  You will have to spend a bit extra to get lights and indicators put on though

I'll get my coat..........................

Audi all the way.  Absolutley outstanding build quality.

I've got to throw in my tuppenceworth and suggest you go for a Honda Integra Type-R DC5.  You'll get an import for less than the ST, the car will start first time everytime, probably out-live you and has enough comfort, style and performance to keep you happy.  There also aren't too many around so has that "ooh, what's that?" factor.  Dicksons of Dunblane are quoting just shy of £20k for a new one.

The following link shows a delivery miles only example for £19k:

http://www.dicksonsmotorgroup.co.uk/vehicl...8199&popup=

P.S. I'm not affiliated in any way - honestly!!!