what are those little bungs for?????!!!!!!!.........oops

Today was the day i went to fit my gauges for oil pressure and temp, already fitted temperaly in the dash for show. I proceded to do the oil change too as i'm fitting the sandwhich plate for the sender units, i took the plate and offered it up to the block........yep that goes there and that there, no probs.......fitted sender units to plate, plenty of ptfe..lovely, sump plug in i then fitted the plate, then filled my filter and screwed it on, looking good...topped her up. and let i sit for a bit, I then started to wire up my gauges, done that.... lights on all ok,.........right lets start her up.............a little ticky tappy noise, and oil light not going out, give it a chance she is old!!!!..........stop!!!!!...........looked underneath..........driveway full of oil.............didn't put the fekin spare bungs in the sandwich plate....plonker[:$]..........used an old coat to lay on and take off the filter then the plate and fit the fekin bungs....put it all back...........no oil.............scraped up some in the shed, just enough........no leaks good, .........gauges not working[:@].............wires round wrong way!!!!........sorted now, pressure goes up to 100 psi?! and stays, (new RCM pump).......temp still reading cool as it would, a couple of pics of my blue peter gauge mod in the dash where the vents WERE!!.......not perfect but it'll do me for a bit.[;)]

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/ins...66/DSC00082.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/ins...66/DSC00083.jpg

mark...

LOL...yes for about 5 mins i'm thinking the worse!!!............"what have i done?" "how will i get to work?"  " i can't do nothing right!!"..........then realised.......and lucky i had enough oil stashed in the shed!!.....So yes all sorted, just keeping an eye out for leaks in the morning.........used 2.5 litres of fairy liquid and scrubbing with lots of water on the drive..............still like a bloody ice ring, and those drains come in handy[:|]

Mark,

Just curious....  I have three gauges above my radio, Boost, Battery voltage and oil temperature as you can see in the not so good photo.

Mine is a 95 jap import classic, but I thought all impreza's had gauges as standard...

Does that mean you didn't even have a boost gauge fitted?

Nice radio by the way

Trev

scooby020.jpg

still having probs seeing gauges in daylight but i'll sort it some time, and yeh trevski yours is non standard equipment there but i must say it looks fine, nice and neat. Why didn't subaru put gauges in there performance cars??........my neighbour ask me this today when i was in a panic!...trevski, i recon you have a facelift centre consul....where are your heater controls??? ....i fitted a bost gauge in to a pod on top of dash....but really didn't like it,

mark 

yep!...he does a great deal that Nick!...........you get the little shades that fit over top too, but i didn't have room[;)].......

the one problem is that i can't see them during the day!......worse when suns out...................blacked out windows here we come!!

Yes all worth it, nice little set up really, temp goes up to 95c........pressure to a max 100 psi!..idle at 50 ish psi.........i have a little too much oil in it after all that, so will have to carefully drain it out, any tips on the best way to get about 250 ml or so out??

mark.

Mark,

My heater controls are in the same place yours are. Below them is a pointless cup holder that slides out from the centre console and my gauges are situated where your clock is, (just above the radio).

I find it weird that imprezas don't have boost gauges as standard as they come in handy for certian fault diagnostics, and they look cool.

I will take some decent photo's tomorrow if interested.

Trev