My new toy...

Thought I would post some pictures of the wicked temptress that led me away from the path of Scoobydom..

Merc1.jpg

Merc2.jpg

Merc3.jpg

Merc4.jpg

It is quite a beastie. Today I found a piece of private runway where I could put my foot down and leave it down for more than a couple of seconds. It might not step off the line as fast as the Scooby, but the acceleration further up the scale is little short of intimidating. I think I'm going to like this car...

Cheers,

Plug

Looks like it could be debadged C43 AMG to me.

Saw one on the motorway at full tilt accelerating from maybe 30/40 to warp 9 and disappearing off into the distance leaving my wee 1.4 Civic for dead. What impressed the most was that some cars look like they're trying hard when accelerating through either the front end coming up or they squirm a bit, but this just gained speed at an alarming rate but without looking like it was doing anything other than yawning at the driver and saying "is that all?"

Dead right Stephen, it's a C43.

Underneath that bonnet is a 4.3 litre V8 good for 306 BHP.. does it ever shift! The soundtrack is pretty exciting as well.

Oh well, even bigger fuel bills than the Scoob now [;)]

Cheers,

Plug 

Any nice Brabus bits going for that Plug?

My dad's had a few Cs, nothing with oomph though. Currently on I think a C200 CDI, but with the sports pack. No get up and go, but good handling and brakes, and looks the part.

The problem I always found with the Cs of the age you have was that I couldn't get a driving position in them at all. The steeringwheel was where my knees/legs needed to be because it wasn't adjustable.

The problem I always found with the Cs of the age you have was that I couldn't get a driving position in them at all. The steering wheel was where my knees/legs needed to be because it wasn't adjustable.

I haven't found that a problem, but then I'm a bit of a shortarse. The wheel adjusts for reach but not for tilt, I would prefer it tilted forward a bit more but it's not a drama. I did a couple of hundred miles in it yesterday and it's a nice place to sit... [;)]

Cheers,

Plug