Scottish Optimax, ok for you ?

I use Dreghorn too, so you could be right Andy. Although I'm fairly sure I also use the one in morningside recently and had the same problems !?! Perhaps the same tanker? Filled up in S Queensferry last night, but haven't had a proper chance to open it up yet to check for sure, but I'm sure I still saw a few unfamiliar lights flickering last night on the way home. :)

Once or twice there have been occassions that it wasnt run on booster.  twice at most.

september-march, 24 weeks, 3 tanks a week=72 tanks

2 of them without booster.

Ah ok, Chris. Cheers.

3 tanks a week!!!!!! [:)] I'm usually on about a tank a week!

I usually fill up at the Shell station at the Forth Road Bridge, and can't say I've noticed any problems.

One thing I was wondering though, is that as most Scottish petrol is supplied from BP at Grangemouth, do they infact supply the octane rating Shell require or do Shell add 'booster' to BP 97. If this is the case, and as the average motorist will use normal unleaded, perhaps the Optimax storage tanks at the forecourt lay longer between refills and are suffering from some kind of evaporation damaging the rating?

Doesn't optimax degrade over time. Last time I was away at sea the car had a quarter tank of optimax left in it for 10 weeks. When I got back I thought my knocklink had been swapped with a christmas tree light set. It was terrible and car ran like a bag of spanners. I have tried BP ultimate recently with good performance and no lighting.

I have heard Optimax degrades a far bit if left for long periods of time. Anyone confirm this?

That's been my experience certainly. I sometimes go a good few weeks without using the car, and often find it dets more after the break. I rarely completly fill the car up for that reason.

Dave

Can;t say i've noticed..but haven't used the car much lately...Usually fill up at Musselburgh..

Should i be fitting a Knocklink......???????  or is there no need to Panic?

Frank.

If you can feel a reduction in power, there's likely to be a fair bit of detonation present I'd guess. I wouldn't panic, but a knocklink is a very cheap warning system in my eyes !

Dave

last night i had to put 95 ron in only put £5 in tho just enough to get me up to the nearest shell garage that i knew had good fuel but anyway my question is this will my car be ok as ive now filled her right up with optimax or should i get some octane booster to be on the safe side ??

Have always ran mine on Tescos finest...as did the previous owner.

Never had one problem at all running it.

Also, at Dastek on saturday, after the car had ran, Gerry said it was running spot on, no sign of det anywhere, and it was holdling 14psi (0.9bar)

I will move up to Optimax when its getting mapped though.