naming and shaming the cowboys

i dont have the foggiest idea about the legality of this proposal but how would us members warm to naming and shaming the halfwits out there in the tuning industry / car sales or services related to our types of motors. Ok,,maybe im a little peed off at being taken for a great big ride by the company who i was dealing with in order to get my brakes and a whole host of other silly lil problems sorted,,but i can bet my last pound that there will be plenty of people on this forum who have / are / continue to be harassed by those ``performance centres``car garages``import centres`we work hard for our money, we sweat and save for those goodies for our beloved motors, so why accept below standard service or being taken for a runaround ,,as an example i have spent in the first week of buying my import from the same garage,/ perfomance centre, 1800 pounds on various goods from rear lights to steering wheels to alloy wheels,,ive had steering wheels mis aligned, side mirror cracked, brakes worn and grinding to oblivion, the standard warranty not being obliged , im just fed up now,,suing these firms will cost more money so thats not an option,,we have freedom of speech here so id appreciate if the moderators can shed some light on this please,,,if not ill find a way to star my own underground site for naming and saming,,i have plety of folk just fed up with these antics,,,

I agree but you must be careful as TheSheath had a prob with Scoobyworld which has now been sorted out properly.

However a company in Sheffield screwed up the gassing on my aircon system, luckily for me Aircrest (Brian) kept me sane until I got another company to fix it.

If you want to name and shame the cowboys, lets also set up a praise and recommendation list too. I got a name for each list but I wont say anything until the moderators have spoken.

Andy C

No mechanical problems so far, but very slapdash customer service from day one. I sacrificed a great deal to buy my dream car, but the dealer doesn't see the transaction in the same terms. Gonna be speaking to them tomorrow though: Not got my V5 after 6 weeks, then saw another car identical to mine on their forecourt with the SAME registration front and back! Dodgy.

Well...I was all up for naming and shaming my local Scooby dealership until today. I spoke to the right person at the right time and she totally redeemed the rep. of the dealer. She was helpful, couteous, apologetic and professional (good looking too, not thst that is important face-icon-small-wink.gif ). Anyway, my car is now booked in to have the repair that they did looked at, and they're giving me an all often too elusive courtesy car (although I bet it'll be a Hyundai or something equally shite)

Hey trigot,

What import centre have you been using. Feel free to drop me an e-mail. I own an import and can advise on servicing your car without touching these places. Loads of cash to be saved and its pretty easy to complete most mechanical issues.