A.B.S. Help wanted

Hello, to everybody !!

got a problem, can u help me? I have a 1998 S.T.i Jap import, and the a.b.s. has gone up the shoot!!

I managed to find someone who could pull the code, turns out it was (low voltage) supply.

I'm thinking its got to be the E.C.U. which is on the A.B.S. pump. Before i spend over £1000, on a new one, I could do with a wire Diagram to check this out (even if its not in English) The system is a UNISA one. import is not the same as Brit spec.

Has anyone had an A.B.S. light come on ...on there import S.T.i ???? and what did you do?

Thanks in advance

Guest RB Simon

Afraid I can't enlighten you about the tehnicalities of the ABS, but the light was on on mine when I had it (because the pump had been disconnected)

It has since failed it's first MOT because if a car has any trace of ABS, then it must be functional.

I had the pump etc removed - it was a lot of work, but I had it done anyway as I didn't fancy the cost of a new pump either! and I've run the car for 9 months without it anyway.

I did check with my insurance company first though before I got it removed!

Simon.face-icon-small-wink.gif

Great if you can give me some info. just wont to fix it then im thinking about selling, which is a shame, its a stunning car but when it goes wrong for no reason its hard to find people who know what there talking about when thay say they can fix it, so it gets expensive and 4 months later the A.B.S. light is still on . Although i never thought about joining a club like this , it might be just what i need to sway my mind into keeping it. who nows its good to talk to other scooby owners..

Any good Scooby garage can disconnect the ABS. All it is is pulling out the pump and reprog on the ECU..... I think!!!

kipper - Youre right ABS is an excellent device for family cars and stuff..... But Scoobys are more fun without!! You don't need it on an STI anyway..... ! Thank god Scoobys dont have traction control and all that....