How do I improve my BHP

money I think you know you have to do a little more than change the ecu to get 400bhp. The 440 sti injectors arent big enough the TMIC would be luck to flow more than 330bhp and you are looking at a hybrid turbo as teh TD and VF arent good enough to flow 400bhp. May chuck in some omega pistons for good measure and an uprated fuel and oil pump.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THats what I thought......! ANd an intercooler why you are at it!!!

I am running with an uprated GGR Oil and Fuel pump.... Turbo was replaced around 8000k ago, just for a stock one I think.

Money is never an issue!!! I just like getting my moneys worth!!! I can't justify £1800 on a computer for a car that does one job, and a home PC costs £1000 and does more face-icon-small-wink.gif

440bhp he has some SERIOUS engine strengthening in there. 1.47bar won't cope with std turbo and engine will go bang!!! Cosworth pistons and a complete new engine rebuild! And don't ask how long it will last for.... I want around 320-340bhp really.

<< money I think you know you have to do a little more than change the ecu to get 400bhp. The 440 sti injectors arent big enough the TMIC would be luck to flow more than 330bhp and you are looking at a hybrid turbo as teh TD and VF arent good enough to flow 400bhp. May chuck in some omega pistons for good measure and an uprated fuel and oil pump. >>

I didnt say he added the ecu and he got 400+ bhp! lmao. Now that would be good.

I jsut said this guy is running 400+ bhp and he used the Microtech ecu.

If your going above 350+ you need to look at:

Ecu

Turbo

Fuel pump

Injectors

Better brakes

Clutch

Gearbox (after a while it will go bang)

FMIC (or a real good TMIC)

Headers/manifold?

Fuel Reg

Pistons soon

Con rods soon

Knocklink/gauges and other various stuff to watch the engine

Suspension probably

Shall i go on.....................

Thats why most people stop at 330bhp!

I was just saying, this Andy F knows his stuff and his power is truly amazing and he is using the microtech ecu. Its going to hit the UK and loads of people are going to be interested.

lmao at changing the ecu to make 400+ bhp! face-icon-small-happy.gifface-icon-small-happy.gifface-icon-small-happy.gif If only it was that easy

Scoobs arent built for big bhp engines!

<< . A guy had 420bhp wrx (2.0 litre so wasnt stroked) and he had the standard ecu. Just need to know a good mapper which he did face-icon-small-smile.gif >>

Just so this doesnt confuse you - this guy DID have 420bhp using the standard ecu, but he had also done quite a bit of work to the engine. It wasnt standard. lmao.

I think some of you are getting confused and thought i meant standard engine. lmao

<< Got ya!!! Some beasty that. Prob using a boost controller. Wish I could install mine. Anyone done one yet??? >>

Nope it was no boost controller - he used that every day face-icon-small-smile.gif

Andy F uses 2 Dawes device. He told me has one setting for 400bhp (his daily driving), and then one other higher setting for MORE speed! lol

Money yep I wasnt having a go at what you said and I totally agree with what you were trying to say. But I had to chuckle to myself on how many people think a chip and a dump valve give 400bhp face-icon-small-wink.gif.

It an expensive and time consuming business to get safe,reliable bhp out of these monsters. I cant drive a 280bhp one properly so 400bhp I would be dangerous face-icon-small-happy.gif. Big respect to some of these guys and girls who spend a lot of time, blood,sweat and tears in tunning these motors properly(or any motors).

I try my best to talk sense but sometimes I get carried away and spout rubbish so someone please tell me to shut up when I do LOL.

lol at chrisp. Im at 300bhp at the moment but want more face-icon-small-smile.gif But thats only cause im greedy! lol

<< But I had to chuckle to myself on how many people think a chip and a dump valve give 400bhp face-icon-small-wink.gif.

>>

lol so true! Atleast they are starting to think about engine mods. Half the boy racers out there think that if you put viper stripes and neon washer jets, it must add about 100bhp! lol

just had a dawes fitted yesterday and what a difference some one on scoobynet fitted it for me and the power is awseome

its gone from 0.8 psi to 14.5 psi and it picks up now thats a fact

money who does re maps for £300 cause i want mine but found the cheapest for a 97 is £663 and thats at clive atthowes in norwichface-icon-small-smile.gif

<<

money who does re maps for £300 cause i want mine but found the cheapest for a 97 is £663 and thats at clive atthowes in norwichface-icon-small-smile.gif >>

Ill have to see if he does the 97.

Have you got the standard ecu?

I know the guys i was talking to did remaps for that price 93-96 but not sure about the 97s.

i was going to do this but didnt think it was very good for me.

All the guys are raving about it cause it is made by the guys who use scoobynet all the time. lol. I think its David Wallis, Pavlo and someone else.

It is quite good ecu. But they dont do custom mapping. You just buy it and fit it in. Thats why i didnt want to do it. I wanted someone to custom map my ecu so its best for me.

The highest person with the scoobyecu is david wallis who has 350bhp on his wagon. He is going for about 600bhp in a couple of weeks time but not sure if he is using the same ecu

I'm about to have some mods to my 98 V4 Type R.

I would be happy to get 350 BHP.

The engine is currently being rebuilt, so whilst stripped I am going to have uprated internals such as pistons, crank, rods, injectors, fuel and oil pump fitted. I will then have a Blitz Nur fitted, a Green cotton filter and a Link ECU.

Do you think 350 BHP is a realistic figure with the mods mentioned?

catalunya199 - drop me an email mate face-icon-small-smile.gif

CustomScoobyIOM - yep its £100 all in. Dont forget, when you have mods done it will need to be remapped though (which you will need to find out who remaps these ones).

Firestarter - is the turbo staying the same then? I would say it will go to 340 as thats what other type Rs with similiar mods go to. Atleast you have upgraded all the right internal bits - some of the other guys go to 340 and dont care about anything else and then wonder why their car goes bang!