Any Ideas what this is?

As per title, I was outside cleaning my car and this bloke asked me if I knew anyone who was after a WRX Type RA, I said not personally but I'm sure there is somebody, so I went and had a look.

It's not an RA as far as I can see but I was just wondering what it was.

He want's around £5,500 for it. I now it should be in the for sale/wanted but just wondered what it was before posting.face-icon-small-wink.gif

100_1186.jpg

100_1185.jpg

100_1183.jpg

100_1182.jpg

100_1181.jpg

100_1180.jpg

cheers peepsface-icon-small-wink.gif

Agree with Simon, Ra's don't come with sills..

But it's a weird one -- It's a MY93/MY94/MY95 car...it has the very early slanty intercooler to suggest this..

It has ABS and aircon not something I would associate with an RA.. (But then again some do come with them as standard)

It has a MY95 WRX interior...(I know they made pucca Sti's by this time)

The rear wiper would suggest it's a JDM import whether it's a standard WRX or RA..

Or could it be one of the very first WRX Ra's 1993 that didn't have the red inlet manifold and basically looked liked a bog standard WRX..

Confused now face-icon-small-confused.gif

Best bet is to check out the Applied Model code.

RAC check brings up non specified make or model for that registration markface-icon-small-shocked.gifface-icon-small-confused.gif

Vehicle data search

Results for T206 GNM

Vehicle details :

Manufacturer - ????

Model - ????

Body type - SALOON

Colour - RED

Fuel type - PETROL

Date manufactured - 31 December 1997

Number of previous owners - 1

Last owner change - 09 September 2000

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm looks as dodgy as that old van parked infront of it face-icon-small-smile.gif

Looks identical to mine, except mine doesn't have the (optional) ABS.

The sills have been removed and the rear wing added to make it look like an RA (well, the RA didn't have a wing...?), and it has a few bolt-on goodies like the dump valve/ induction kit and some sort of electronic boost gizmo? (under the stereo), but I'd put money on it being a Ver I or II WRX.

Ask him for the Model number off the Vin plate - -that'll confirm it.......