What should the next modification be then?

Now that all the previous round of goodies are now fitted, what next in the silly stakes>

Spec at present

1995 WRX STI Version 2

IHI VF28 Roller Bearing Turbo

Verion 5 Type R intercooler with water spray

Walbro 255l/ph fuel pump

FSE Adjustable fuel pressure regulator

Prodrive WRC downpipe (Copy)

Fujitsubo Giken Ti Hybrid backbox......Titanium

Apexi Power FC with Commander, running a crude but effective Squirrel MAP

Apexi AVC-R electronic boost control, set to peak at 1.4bar and tail off to 1.2bar

Greddy EGT guage

Home made Det Cans.

Wideband AFR being ordered

What should be next?

Tart up the outside with a bodykit,splitter, spoiler and alloys?

Carry on down the Bare to the bones look and concentrate on upping the output of the engine?, i have been offered a Version 7 JDM engine for a very reasonable price

The car is being sold soon to be replaced in the next couple of months by a much higher specced example and i want to sell it as a genuine 300 horse power car with all the goodies on it.

Opinions good, bad , Gumballs or indifferent welcomed.

Grant

<< Who gives a feck!!! just get that ecu over to me boy!!!

On a more serious note... enjoy it as it is, i quite like the look, it's a refreshing change from all the minters you always see, besides it's not that bad m8.

Johnny >>

The ECU will be with you soon my good friend. I just need to ensure the SQUIRREL Map is sufficient for day to day running before i let it go to its new home.

I also like the way it looks, it stops it recieving unwanted attention from sticky fingers.

Grant

Hi Buddy,

I met you a while back at the Edinburgh Meet....i was the guy with the over boost problem that you politely tried to fix!!

It turns out i am running to many mods in the exhaust department without a ECU map to cope.

Actually, i am first in the queue for your Lambda sensor.

Is sounds like you are moving in the right direction with the mods but BEWARE with the old Det cans and the i can do that myself atitude.

Andy Forest will do a map for you for around £180-200 is memory serves me correct. SAVE HANDS I HEAR YOU SAY!!!

Like myself you will be running 380 injectors with standard rails. I have a really good contact in America who supplied me my reduced weight pulleys for the STI for real cheapness. He can do STI pink 565 injectors + Perrin Fuel rails for a really good price..........really good infact.

I was planning on getting a group buy on these bad boys which would result in ever greater cheapness.....stay tuned for more info.

that would be my next phase although no mention of headers and flexi up-pipe on your list. Are these not on your hit list?

Food for thought buddy,

Power to the STI2's

Chris

Chris.

Dont worry i am taking it to Andy to finish off but i fancy having a fiddle myself. I will be happy if i can get it to 1bar, running smoothly with little or no det then i will let AndyF push the limits of the new spec. Keep us posted on the injector/pulley situation

Headers and up-pipe are getting ported soon to aid the spool on the turbo

Johnny.

Will try to get over on Sunday then we can plug in the ECU to see if you like, which i am sure you will.

Good to see the "Power is the way to go" winning the poll

Grant

why dont you get an inlatable goat mounted to the intercooler.

than as it heats up it will burst and shoot cold air into it.

if it doesnt burst then you can have fun with it when you next stop?

seriously, get a rear mounted intercooler so when old women are nudging you out the way on b roads teh cold air will give you more brakeface-icon-small-smile.gif

<< Headers and up-pipe are getting ported soon to aid the spool on the turbo >>

Surprised you haven't done that already mate?!

I know you have your contacts for getting things cheap, but if replacing the car soon, why bother doing any more? Thay's what i say.face-icon-small-wink.gif

<<

<< Headers and up-pipe are getting ported soon to aid the spool on the turbo >>

Surprised you haven't done that already mate?!

I know you have your contacts for getting things cheap, but if replacing the car soon, why bother doing any more? Thay's what i say.face-icon-small-wink.gif >>

Now have Dremel so will port soon as i can be arsed fighting with the studs

I reckon the car will sell better if it is a giving out a genuine 300 horses plus

I can stick an advert on it and drive it round all the chav cruise meets and surely some Burberry headed freak will go ask his drug dealing uncle to finance his choice of killing himself.

Dent fixers are winning.......face-icon-small-sad.gif

Grant

I say fix the dents as no one would buy it looking as if it was off the rally stage, rather a well looked after modified car. I reckon most people buy an older car on condition so that may be important, but don't bother with bodykits, wheels etc - just get the dent fixed!

Brian face-icon-small-wink.gif

yes grant, you should go for more power, the car looks nice as it is. I certainly like it as you well know. please ignore my previous suggestion listed above as its quite ridiculous actually when i think about it.

reckon getting the engine swapped out for something like a 2.5 block with the mods you have could make it even better.

i dont know what scooby andys talking about? my inlfatable goat mounted intercooler works well for meface-icon-small-smile.gif

Squirrel...you haven't said what suspension and brakes you are running. I know you left-foot brake so that gives a fair old strain on the stoppers so a set of 6 pots shouldn't go amiss. I reckon you have enough power for the open road so get the handling matched to the power for the ultimate buzz.

If you really want a buzz get the exhaust quieted down and go road rallying! Noise checks!