FAO Ian/Zeolite - 205 GTi?

Ian, i gather you're a man of your 205's?

I've been looking for the past couple of weeks but nothing seems to come in on budget for me. I realise the ones that interest you may have funny tyres and be covered in grass but never-the-less thought i'd try picking your brain?

Looking to spend up to £750 but want something relatively late, in good nick, decent Tax/Test and minus a sunroof if possible. Do you know of anything nice in Scotland right now?

Carl,

Scoobylav & I have just purchased such a beast as a track car,

We spent weeks looking for one in budget ( 1/3 of yours face-icon-small-smile.gif ), eventually got one off ebay, although it meant a wee trip south of the border to collect it.

There is a peugeot track night on 26th july @ knockhill, perhaps there will be some decent ones for sale there ?

Few pics attached to get you in the mood face-icon-small-happy.gif

Daz face-icon-small-happy.gif

if you need any more info give me a shout.

Carl.

Yup I have one but I wouldn't call myself an expert. I got my first one out of Scotads but you could try 205gtidrivers.com or PGAC.co.uk and see what is around. £750 should get you a good one. read the guides on the 205gtidrivers forum. You won't regret it.

Guys, thanks for the good advice. I am a newbie member on 205GTi Drivers but there seems to be very few cars actually come up for sale on there? I did find one J-plate 1.9 on there for £750 but it had gone by the time the chap read my PM. face-icon-small-shocked.gif I agree the guides are good however.

Been keeping an eye on eBay and Scot Ads. I am convinced all 205 GTis have been destroyed up here as there is never any available locally. face-icon-small-sad.gif I'm now prepared to buy a plane ticket to get one. The biggest trouble is once you start looking you start to get fussier.

Anyway, it looks as though i'm looking in the right places, will keep my eyes peeled!

Yeah Karps i saw that one thanks. Red is my least favourite GTi colour though and i really need one which is ready to run.

Looks as though i may have found a stop-gap between Impreza and GTi ownership though... Funny thing is a GTi was supposed to be a stop gap between Impreza and Impreza ownership. face-icon-small-happy.gif