will it run ok

Anything as major as a changing the type of turbo would defo require a remap to get the most from fitting the different type of turbo. Different turbos have different spool up rates. A TD04 will spool faster than the larger TD05 but the TD05 will flow a lot more air. An ECU remap will alter the wastegate duty cycle for the larger turbo and in general make the engine run a lot happier on the larger turbo

Grant

Not necessarily. I don't know the ins and outs but a certain memeber on SNet ran a TD05 and almost every other bolt on mod with a standard ECU and 380cc injectors. Oh, and he made 387bhp IIRC. face-icon-small-wink.gif

Go to SNet and search for Rich Wild.

I personally wouldn't advise it unless you know what you're doing. i.e. i fitted a TD05 on my MY98 and drove a grand total of about 8 miles (off boost) before Andy remapped me. Me being a muppet. face-icon-small-happy.gif

387 horsepower on 380's.....face-icon-small-smile.gif

The car will run and you could use a MBC, like a Dawes to control the boost. To get the most from fitting the larger turbo a remap of the ECU is what i would advise but in answer to your original question. Yes the car will run ok if you fit the TD05 but the car will be happier with a remap.

Grant

Just read the thread Carl,

I still find it hard to believe, but he obviously has the figures to back up his claim. There has been a couple of times this has cropped up, Ive never been that lucky, Although my injectors were 380s up until yesterday and they Always produced the goods. I never tried to push them any further because I just assumed I had maxed them and there was no point. Never say never eh? And there was me bursting a gut to get my 550s in. face-icon-small-disgusted.gif Well, there in now, never mind.

Callum W