KentScoobies Rally project car....

Pele

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a small incident at the meet on Friday.

This was a very minor incident while Pele was driving, the car went over a bump in the road and due to heavy-ish braking became unsettled and hit a curb, as far as I can tell ( without further investigation ) the only damage is a couple of wheels and 2 tyres + a bruised ego, no big deal.

Lee is a MAN OF HIS WORD and is paying for the minor damage to be rectified, THANK YOU LEE.

All is well.

Arron and JK.

<<

Lee is a MAN OF HIS WORD and is paying for the minor damage to be rectified, THANK YOU LEE.

All is well.

Arron and JK. >>

Yep, no problems and thank you lee. An unfortunate incident that could have happened to anyone...

It will be sorted very soon..face-icon-small-happy.gif

Hi Pele,

I did wonder why you looked so shaken up after returning from the drive in the WRX RA, I thought maybe the car's accelleration was responsible; I've heard they're pretty fearsome to drive.

I'm glad you and the car are ok though. It could indeed happen to anyone. I know a few very experienced performance car drivers than have nearly come a cropper with non-ABS cars, it's easy to forget when you're used to driving one with ABS, particularly if some-one cuts you up! By way of contrast, I had got so accustomed to driving non-ABS cars as a student, I now brake like a complete wimp in the Scooby!! :-)

That said, the brakes did get a good test the other day when a female 6th former from a local school just stepped out in front of me at a side turning :-O. Yikes, when I said I wanted to be "a hit" with the ladies that's not quite what I meant!! :-D

Best wishes,

Paul.

Thanks for picking up the wheels last night from Rally HQ LOL.

The stores are defo in JK's garage. cos I've run out of space.

Jon, ask Helen if she minds us making a nice coffee table out of the suspension legs and 15" speedlines for the lounge, give it that motorsport feel. LOL

hi aaron, at the meet last friday you mentioned geometry settings for 03 wrx ie toe in/out etc could i av em again as i've got 4 wheel laser alignment at work thought i might get it done to see the difference.

thanks,

dean.

oh if you need wheels refurbing at lepsons i get em trade.

but dont tell everyoneface-icon-small-wink.gifface-icon-small-wink.gifface-icon-small-wink.gifface-icon-small-wink.gifface-icon-small-wink.gif

Hi Dean,

The settings you are after are -:

1mm toe in all round ( so front and back ).

Equal Negative Camber on the front to about 1.25 degrees ( the more you go the more tyre wear you will get ).

The settings are approx and will vary on different cars, as to how much you can get, try and keep the Camber as close to each other as pos.

If you do a lot of motorway driving then keep the Camber to under 1.00 degree or your'll nock the inside of the tyre out quicker !

The bonus of doing these settings add up to sharper turn.

If you can imagine on a std setup your tyres are running on 100% of the tread patern in a straight line, with the so called Prodrive settings ( above ) you will be running less than 100% in a straight line,say 90%, but in cornering you will benefit from more grip as the tyre flexes and rolls ( depending on tyre profiles ), therefore giving you 100% under load and in cornering.

I hope this helps you a bit, ( prob not the best way to explain ), if you have any question drop me a mail of if you have lee and Pele's no give them a ring and they can give you my no.

Good Luck.

Arron.

So to sum up the above settings you benefit from sharper turn in and cornering but sacrifice a small bit in a straight line.