KentScoobies Rally project car....

Pele

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ecu has got a piggy back board installed to run a second map, but it was a JAP map. So with the excellent advise from POWER ENGINEERING we purchased a new chipset which converted the ecu from a U8 to a Z4plus ( the plus being a bit more fuelling in the mid and upper rev range). It is now running comfortably at about 1 bar..face-icon-small-happy.gif (261 bhp 246lbft torq)

The car feels much better , pulls harder, feels smoother, an allround improvement.

POWER ENGINEERING also have done us a cracking deal on a full decat exhaust , which will be going on very soon, (heat wrapped down pipe). Chris has advised us to try and find an STI 5 intercooler, so if anyone hears/knows anyone with one for sale , please let me know...(or contact PELE). Once the exhaust is on, another remap will be required which will take us to 1.2bar and approx 280ish bhp

Next on the list to do is clean up all of the interior floor area and boot so we can install the rollcage and prepare the interior for painting.

I will be taking some photos of all the stuff for sale and posting it at the weekend...so keep an eye out if you want any interior bits etc.

Once again a VERY BIG thank you to the boys at POWER ENGINEERING for a cracking service and a great deal. We will be advertising their services on the car when we are finally all prepared.

J-K and Arron

<< jk- did you say cleaning..... >>

Yep, all the tar type residue from the sound proofing (or whatever it was) needs cleaning off before the interior can be painted. A Pain in the arse job , putting it mildly.

You offering to help then???

j-k

<< k-k are you still after the symms panel filter or a sti panel filter? im selling the symms for 20 and sti one for 45 both brand new and unused >>

Go on then i will have the Sti one and have a look at the Symms for the rally car...will you be at the meet on friday??

if so , see you there.

j-k