Any other classic WR Sports out there?

Hi everyone,

I’m the proverbial virgin here, so be gentle! Having owned an Impreza for 19 years, therefore the only owner and having known about SIDC for nearly as long, I just can’t understand why I never joined years ago!

Anyway,  as my title asks, “are there any true WR Sports out there?”  I understand that if the car went direct to Prodrive from new and had the PPP treatment, it was rebadged as a WR Sport, as mine is. I have only ever seen one other and that was in Oxford services many moons ago, so presumably they’re quite rare. 

If you have one let me know!

• Upvote 1

Nice to hear from you t5nyw. I’m aware of the RB5 in both the standard configuration and the WR version. What I’m talking about is a straight Prodrive WR Sport as that was how they were badged. As far as I’m aware no RB5 ever had any WR Sport livery attached  to the car. It was usually signified in the owners manual if it had indeed been uprated by prodrive. Most of the WR Sports were in the 95H Deep Blue Mica, but I could be wrong on that score. The RB5 and the WR Sport both shared the same rear Prodive Spoiler and I’m sure that many of the Prodrive bits put on a WR Sport were the same as a PPP’d RB5, with the exception of Prodrive liveried Speedline 17” 7 spoke wheels which were available in either gold or anthracite and as far as I know were only ever used on a WR Sport. 

On 21/10/2019 at 23:29, WR Sport said:

Nice to hear from you t5nyw. I’m aware of the RB5 in both the standard configuration and the WR version. What I’m talking about is a straight Prodrive WR Sport as that was how they were badged. As far as I’m aware no RB5 ever had any WR Sport livery attached  to the car. 

:thumbs: whoops :dunce:

I bet that will be rare as probably added £6+K to the price

Tony

51 minutes ago, insane clown said:

would this be the similar bit of kit i had on my forester? wasn't quite done at new though, from what i can work out it was at first service.

got a nice certificate with it tho, but no badges :)

can imagine your motor is a rare as hens teeth matey, never come across one!

Your forester only got the PPP and required wheel upgrade.

The WR Sport as per the posted document includes

PPP1.JPG

PPP2.JPG

DEP.JPG

EP.JPG

IP.JPG

Similar upgrades were available for earlier models... but not under the WR Sport banner

My MY97 turbo 2000, over the first 2v years of its life, visited Prodrive for the Interior Package install and had the Driving Enhancement Package and Exterior Package installed at the Dealers although the rear spoiler was originally of a lesser upgrade than what it eventually finished up with as shown here.

onthedrive.jpg

20nov1999_pic4.jpg

• 5 months later...

i am currently trying to do abit of research on this model if any of you can help me? mainly wanting to know the production numbers of the bright/rainbow interior that i believe was 1 of 2 optional extra interior style.  or if any knows how many actual WRsports were produced? then i can very roughly gauge of that number too... thanks in advance ?

8 hours ago, Jackboy333x said:

i am currently trying to do abit of research on this model if any of you can help me? mainly wanting to know the production numbers of the bright/rainbow interior that i believe was 1 of 2 optional extra interior style.  or if any knows how many actual WRsports were produced? then i can very roughly gauge of that number too... thanks in advance ?

See your "other" thread.

The complete car package only applied to MY99/00 models which  as shown from the dealer brochure items in posts above didn't have the "red arista" interior option.