Time for my annual checkin to SIDC, working away a lot this year so haven't been very active...

Anyway, I have a 340R, or at least what was sold to me as such... 

Question is, how do I know if it is one? There was no Prodrive/ProR certificate with the car.. The only thing I found is a small silver sticker in the door jamb that states PS- 340..

I'm guessing the answer will be to take it to Subaru to see if it has the 340 map... but aside from that is there any other way to tell?!

Cheers.

If it has an unmolested silver sticker above/below the VIN plate on the passenger side lower B pillar then it's a 340R "as supplied" by Subaru UK.

ProR performance package certificates only issued when vehicle upgraded after initial purchase.

It will be missing it's second cat and will have Pro-R (Scorpion manufactured) back boxes.

Cheers, that brings on another issue.. the previous owner had the ProR exhaust installed at an independent garage - I actually found pictures of the install on the garages Facebook page.. So it makes me wonder if subaru didn't fit that exhaust, maybe it doesnt have the actual 340 package, and the previous owner just had the exhaust fitted and banged the sticker on.. 

On 21/6/2019 at 10:40, JSOCK said:

I'm guessing the answer will be to take it to Subaru to see if it has the 340 map... but aside from that is there any other way to tell?!

Cheers.

best way :thumbs:

although one of those 340R back boxes will oon fall apart inside and rattle!!!! very common fault

• 2 weeks later...