• 4 weeks later...

Welcome to SIDC.

I have a 2015 STi in chrystal white and the only problems experienced are the failure of three TPWS valves and inconvenience of completely flat battery after 10/14 days every time while away on holiday, even though garaged and alarm security system unset. Original battery was replaced two years ago with an uprated Bosch item.

Any others had similar problems?

welcome to the mad house :thumbs:

batteries last 12 to 18m depend how often you leave it. i have battery recoditioner when left, helps

also £60  battery power jump starter(ebay ) in boot it jumps car 3 times off one charge.

vhs tape size so less room than jumper leads set

tony

Hi Tony

STi is on the road only 3/4 times a week and often only covering 20 miles per day. I am considering a CTEK 5 series maintenance charger for our two or three annual holidays, but slightly apprehensive about leaving it connected to the in situ battery for two weeks. However, I assume no fire risk as CTEK has been on sale for years?

Just a thought, I discontinued tracking contract two years ago. Is it likely that it is still using battery power?

John

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, johnmacdonald said:

Hi Don

It's a Scorpion tracker. Any further ideas please and could the tracking unit be discovered by my Subaru dealer and removed?

John

I'm assuming Subaru UK moved to the Scorpiontrack unit for the new model as there were some problems with the MetaSat units for some people ( Tony had his  MetaSat unit changed out following its malfunction).

If it's been switched off by Scorpion and hasn't been physically disconnected in the car then it's possible it may still be drawing current but not a lot. the MetaSat draws <10mA.

Dealers "should" know where its located. I know where my Metasat unit is and where the fuse is for it.

On 29/9/2018 at 19:07, The Don said:

I'm assuming Subaru UK moved to the Scorpiontrack unit for the new model as there were some problems with the MetaSat units for some people ( Tony had his  MetaSat unit changed out following its malfunction).

If it's been switched off by Scorpion and hasn't been physically disconnected in the car then it's possible it may still be drawing current but not a lot. the MetaSat draws <10mA.

Dealers "should" know where its located. I know where my Metasat unit is and where the fuse is for it.

yes mine was replaced by a scorpian,

yes will still pull power, normally can be located. Perhaps rob on snet could find location.

i was going to fit rally style battery kill switch under bonnet by battery, 100% kill all like Domestos :ap: