Funny Place Names

• 2 months later...

There's some great place names in Germany - only really funny to English speakers :P

First up the village of "w*** in Algau". The funny thing about this place name, is that in the German language, a man from the village of w*** would be a "w***er"! A woman would be a "w***erin".

Another favourite with British tourists just across the Border into Austria, is the village of "Fu©king". Who knows whats going on there :lol: Nearby there are also villages called "Hucking" and "Franking" which would be really funny if "Fu©king" wasn't there!

Another place I stumbled across one day was the village of "Killer"! I didn't fancy stopping in that place!

Not a place name, but funny a company name that nearly made me crash when I drove past: In the town of Villingen is a company called "Limberger Fuchs Koch & Partner". In German Fuchs means Fox and Koch is Cook.

I also came across a restaurant in Munich which made me laugh... "China Restaurant Man Fat"! I really don't recommend trying their special sauce :o

• 3 months later...