Good Turn Out Of Subarus Needed At Knockhill - Saturday 6Th September

Hi all,

as many of you know, the SIDC have a track day organised for Knockhill on Saturday 6th September from 9am to 1pm.

We've just this minute been contacted by a filming crew on behalf of Subaru who want to come and film the event, talk to owners about their cars etc. and hopefully film a few on track.

The audience will of course be worldwide :-)

It would be great to have a good turn out of cars there, even for a static display, as well as the chance to go out as as passenger (free of charge).

John

John,

Is this restricted to Sidc members only?

Chris

i would be up for this too. how do i register / put my name down?

SIDC organised (johns) track days are posted on the website with "places" available for purchase by members and non-members from the shop.

Slots for the 6th are now sold out

Cheers don. With there being few active members in the scottish section and this being a great opportunity for the Subaru owners in Scotland I wondered if people from other clubs would have been able to turn up for this to bolster up the number of scoobs for the camera shoot. Last thing we want is a couple of scoobs turning up.

We will be heading up for this to show support?

Quick update - the track day is still going ahead as planned, and the weather is looking reasonable for this time of year :)

However, due to "unforseen circumstances", the filming crew have had to cancel their trip north to film the event and interview people. Hopefully be back up next year for one of our track events.

Cracking wee morning up at knockhill today. Only a couple of scoobs in track but still loads of action and a few spins. Hopefully the guy in the red evo's gets his engine sorted soon but at least it gives a good excuse to forge it. Photos are on my Facebook page.

Well done john for organising another great day.

Chris

Been a while since I have been on here but thanks to John for running another well run day - great job.

Done a few SIDC days over the years although never in an Impreza (as has been a few years since my last one) and was out in the M3.

Apologies for the red flag just at the end - I lost it coming out of the hairpin and beached the car (no damage though)

Hope all cars got away relatively unscathed.

Cheers,

Ali

Edited by AliM

Hi Chris,

It is a silver grey E46 M3 (M33AGD) - It would be great to see any pics you got.

I was there with a few friends as well - did you get any of the following cars?

White Renault R26R Megane (Saw the one you got on posted earlier, great shot)

Silver Porsche 997 Turbo

Orange Sylva Striker (kit car)

Thanks,

Ali