My T25 Engine Been Rebuilt

Just on the train to pick up my T25 with the rebuilt engine after blowing up the turbo at Oulton park

So a big thanks to Mark at twaites TDR :cool:

Also turbo dynamics for a really cracking service. As my turbo was completely shot.

Tony.

Just needs a front mount and injectors ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to be stupid but what's a t25

Very basically.

It's a special edition Japanese import. Done by LITCHFIELD imports in Gloucester. They made a T20 based on 2.0ltr and T25 based on a 2,5ltr Cosworth.

Tony

Very basically.

It's a special edition Japanese import. Done by LITCHFIELD imports in Gloucester. They made a T20 based on 2.0ltr and T25 based on a 2,5ltr Cosworth.

Tony

Had no idea either, sounds smart though!

• Upvote 1

There no such thing as a stupid question.... Just lots of inquisitive idiots!

Glad you've got it back up an running t5nyw.

Mines a set of Porsche brakes and some suspension away from being a Type 20, as it is it's an unbelievable machine the twin scroll makes all the difference. I spent this years highland fling in 5th or 6th most of the time didnt have any problems keeping up and got 28.5mpg out of it, usually it's about 18mpg driving around Aberdeenshire.

Davey your right. But the porche brakes were an option for both T20 and T25. Although most T25 customers went with Iain's advice for 18" and Porche brakes. .

The T20-25 were usually ether made from a JDM STi , Spec C or an A Line

TONY

Edited by t5nyw

Tbh. I treckon the PF disc and pads work really well with Brembo set up. And possibly better than Porsche set up. Upgrade hoses and brake fluid as PF do generate much higher temperatures

Also and no worries if 17" or 18" Wheels.

If I was going new and upgrading I'd go for Alcons

Tony

Edited by t5nyw