Arb, What A Difference

I recently got a whiteline rear anti-roll bar fitted and what a difference :D First chance to test it properly on the back roads yesterday and very impressed with how the car handled. Back of the car feels much tighter with none of the lean that used to push it over the white lines.

Next on the list is the anti lift kit :hyper:

• 4 weeks later...

If you are changing springs, you'll really want to swap the "spring assisters", sorry bump stops. Prodrive did them and I think Peter Cambridge still does.

The O.E. dampers give a ride height that just keeps you off the long progressive stops and once you corner the outer wheel is on them giving rise to a higher rate and under damped feel.

The poor dampers get confused as the car bounces onto and off the rubber stops.....it isn't nice and any change of spring if you want a lower ride will leave you permanently on them.

Remember the golden rule of Struts.

If you drop ride height by 1" you'll lower your centre of gravity 1", but you'll lower your roll centre by 3-4"!

Not good.

That only sorts the front and only then if you really want to drop it a way. But doesn't do the back. It's a longer ball joint basically. If you fit this and lower your car all round 1" then the roll centre is kept higher at the front and drops like a stone at the rear. The line that joins roll centres is the roll axis and by tilting this you get a very different feel under cornering. I've found by changing the ride height at the rear by 10mm I can totally alter the feel and make the car lean into the front corner instead of the rear. Small changes can make a big difference.

If you don't believe me, try changing your toe out by one flat each side 1/6th of a turn and see how the car is transformed.