Moray & Aberdeenshire Plans For 2014

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought you would, I'll not know how much I'll be away until the new year, if they're any good over there I'll not be there much, unfortunately their track record isn't great... I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them! So I could be over there banging heeds together for a chunk of the year?

It's near Stonehaven Lewis.

I heard back from them today, here's the email they sent..... A bit more expensive than I was expecting!

Firstly Thank you for your inquiry. We have 4 Impreza’s here in group N format and would love to have you guys come visit for a real gravel Experience.

Below are the Corporate Prices and 1 to 1 prices below, Please let me know if you would like any further clarification on anything.

CORPORATE ENTERTAINMENT HALF DAY

Half day Course ; (9.00-12.30, 1.00-4.30) Also included: Refreshments. Lunch is also available upon request.

Group size: 6-12 and with a guaranteed maximum of six people per car with instructor. Larger groups can be catered for by prior arrangement

Cost: £350 per person

The details:

Our introductory course is designed to teach pupils the basic skills of loose surface rally driving. As an action packed half day it provides maximum fun and excitement as well as all the basic techniques. You'll be amazed at what you can all do!

Enjoy the thrill of handbrake turns, power slides, scandinavian flicks and also how to control a car in understeer and oversteer. You will also experience the ride of your life when your instructor takes you on a white knuckle passenger ride at the end of the day. Depending on the size of your group , teams will be split into a maximum of 6 people per car with an instructor and each person will be given 2 sessions firstly in the Front wheel drive ex RallyCross Suzuki Swifts followed by 1 or 2 sessions time depending on the groups speed in the Subaru Impreza 4wd Group N rally Cars. There will a timed lap later in the day for everyone and also a ‘hot’ lap with one of the instructors as mentioned above. After a brief induction in the morning everyone will be given an OMP Race suit and OMP Helmet with Intercom and the day will proceed from there. Coffee and Tea is provided.

Lunch with snacks and drinks for the day can also be provided and there is various options on this at an extra charge of £15 per person, this would be a huge sandwich banquet with Soft drinks and Crisps etc from Symbiosis Catering in Aberdeen. Hot lunches can also be catered for by prior arrangement.

Each driver stays with the same instructor for the duration of the course and benefits from the continuity and the high level of instruction. Itinerary for the day is as follows;

The half day course is a great introduction to the world of rally driving and the special skills professionals use to make their rally cars slide magically from corner to corner. If you've done the Rally Thriller Experience and want a half-day's worth of adrenaline, this is for you too!

On your first few laps you'll get used to how a real rally car feels on the slippery, twisty rally special stage. As you start to get quicker, the corners that come flying relentlessly towards you in the first session will slow down, as you control great power slides from one to the next.

And then there's the elusive handbrake turn – co-ordinating six things in little more than a second is a tough task! There are plenty of chances to practice though and everybody completes at least one perfectly. When they do, for a fleeting moment, they feel like a World Rally Champion!

Your MSA Licensed Rally Driving Instructor will really encourage you to explore your own limits as you scrabble for grip through over three hundred and fifty corners. It's a truly 'mind-blowing' experience that will make you sweat, make you shake and most importantly make you smile!

8.45/12.45 Drivers arrive at Rally Centre Meeting Point - Sign on, refreshments, helmet fitting

9.00/1.00 Briefing by your MSA Licensed Instructor

9.15/1.15 Demonstration laps

9.45/1.45 Rally Driving Sessions 1, 2 & 3

Power slide around 360 corners with 36 chances to perfect your handbrake turns!

12.15/4.15 Debrief, 10 point Driver Assessment and Driver of the Day Trophy

12.30/4.30 Drivers Depart

Non Group Prices for the individual are below for reference;

Rally thrill experience (passenger only in Impreza and Rage buggy) £125

Half day 1 to 1 rally course in Suzuki Swift Rally Cross car £650

Half day 1 to 1 rally course in Subaru Impreza Group N Rally car £950

Half day 1 to 1 rally course in both Suzuki Swift and Subaru Impreza Group N Rally car £800

There is usually three or four sessions on the track in each car depending on the individual with a little theory and a couple coffee breaks to reflect progress and discuss things like braking points and setting the car up sideways into the corner.

If you would like we could scale it down to a morning or afternoon 1 to 1 session using both cars over the space of a condensed couple of hours we could do that for you at an introductory £600 we find this is quite a popular choice at the moment.

We find Full day courses are too long for people to concentrate and use them mostly for large groups and corporate days but we do accommodate them sometimes with visitors from further afield who want to condense 2 half days into a day as they ve travelled far etc. Let me know what you think. We can do gift vouchers etc for Xmas presents too so you know in case its of interest.

Please let me know if you would like any further detailed information.

These Packages and more will be fully listed on our website in the next 10 days at www.aberdeenrallycentre.co.uk

The half day course is a great introduction to the world of rally driving and the special skills professionals use to make their rally cars slide magically from corner to corner. If you've done the Rally Thriller Experience and want a half-day's worth of adrenaline, this is for you too!

On your first few laps you'll get used to how a real rally car feels on the slippery, twisty rally special stage. As you start to get quicker, the corners that come flying relentlessly towards you in the first session will slow down, as you control great power slides from one to the next.

And then there's the elusive handbrake turn – co-ordinating six things in little more than a second is a tough task! There are plenty of chances to practice though and everybody completes at least one perfectly. When they do, for a fleeting moment, they feel like a World Rally Champion!

Your MSA Licensed Rally Driving Instructor will really encourage you to explore your own limits as you scrabble for grip through over three hundred and fifty corners. It's a truly 'mind-blowing' experience that will make you sweat, make you shake and most importantly make you smile!

8.45/12.45 Drivers arrive at Rallyschool Meeting Point - Sign on, refreshments, helmet fitting

9.00/1.30 Briefing by your MSA Licensed Instructor

9.15/1.45 Demonstration laps

9.45/2.15 Rally Driving Sessions 1, 2 & 3

Power slide around 360 corners with 36 chances to perfect your handbrake turns!

12.15/4.15 Debrief, Presentation of Certificate, 10 point Driver Assessment and Driver of the Day Trophy

12.30/4.30 Drivers Depart

It's not exactly competitive pricing is it.....

I spotted that, would have gone but had stuff on... The flags are in my garage ready for action, I'm sure we can manage something at some point next year. As long as its all legal obviously last thing we need is SIDC flags on display at some dodgy cruise and in the local rag.....

I'm in TSG just been a while since I checked it out. Just don't want any unwanted attention to the club, image is everything!

Has to be said I really wasn't expecting the Rally School to be charging that much, I have a feeling they'll be mainly dealing with Corporate Bookings from execs at oil firms who bill it to the company credit card!

• 2 months later...

Just found this thread. Holy crap that rally school prices are expensive - and they dinna even chuck in the sandwiches for that price!

I guess it's probably to do with their insurance and it being for oil company team building.

$950 for a half days one on one? Jeez

Can we nae just take to bolt cutters to the gate a forestry commission place haha

I have my new schedule through for the year... providing I dinna change job which it is big possibility. Wonder what will match up?!

Edited by monsterenergy

Yeah I haven't relied to their email cos I'm still in shock.

If you check out their Facebook page all the pics I've seen so far have been of Oil Company's having a team building session/day out.

You can't he but think they're aiming for the oil company's using them quite a bit to keep it going. Personally I'd rather head down south (or to boyndie of we can set it up) for a track day that pay the prices they want...

Looks like I'm off to India next month for a few weeks, hopefully I'll find when they're expecting me to go over again later in the year and I can start to look at what we've got planned and try to make sure I'm here for it.... Unless they're going to give me a bonus for slumming it in a 5* hotel in India all expenses paid!

You'd need to check with the powers at be.. but i dont think the the club has MSA insurance these days.. :(

I think we can do closed club events but not public ones so difficult to cover costs. IIRC this is why we lost alford.. Can still hire the track for hooning around tho. ;)

Edited by ScoUK